New iTunes Terms and Conditions ??

calred34

May 10, 2010
Visit site
My iTunes 9.1.1 is asking me to consent to new terms and conditions. If I'm jailbroken and want to make sure I don't get upgraded to either iTunes 9.2 or iOS4, is it OK to consent? I want to make sure i'm not forced to upgrade either my iTunes or iOS - at least not until we have a solid Jailbreak ready to be used. I want to be able to continue to install and/or upgrade apps through iTunes ... (FYI - 3GS, 3.1.3 Jailbroken, SHSH saved)

Thanks, Callie

Yea, I love love love my Jailbreak and don't want to accidentally mess it up ;-)

keepitgreen

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
My 3Gs (3.1.3) is jailbroken with Spirit, and I upgraded to iTunes 9.2 with no problems. I guess the problem is if you upgrade to 9.2 and THEN try and jailbreak your phone. As for iOS 4, no jailbreak yet, but I'm sure we'll see some action in the next day or two...

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
I hope we see some Pwnage action soon... PwnageTool 3.1.5 that creates custom firmware for iOS 4 for the 3GS doesn't work on the final version that was released today.

calred34

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if i didn't get this across correctly ... I'm concerned about the "Terms and Conditions" prompt I'm getting ... It's asking me to "confirm" the new conditions before I can access any upgrades of my Apps in the Apps store. If I do that, will it automatically upgrade my iTunes or anything?

mgregg99

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
The Terms & Conditions prompt will always appear when you install a new version of iTunes. By agreeing to the terms you will NOT be upgrading your OS on your phone. That is still a choice that you can either decide to do, or ignore after agreeing to the terms. It's up to you.

Mike