Is there an Itunes app on the iphone?

jps1012

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I am getting the iphone 4 and wondering if there is an itunes app to download songs and podcasts? Or can you only sync podcasts from your computer to your iphone? Thanks!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
How would I know if I don't have an iphone? I didn't expect people to say annoying stupid comments on this forum. I am slowly learning all forums are the same (keyboard warriors).

Nope they aren't. Welcome to the iFriendly side :)

Hope you enjoy your device.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
How would I know if I don't have an iphone? I didn't expect people to say annoying stupid comments on this forum. I am slowly learning all forums are the same (keyboard warriors).

Trust me he was not trying to flame or insult you. ghostface147 is one of the really great members here on TiPb. I think he was just surprised that you didn't know since it is fairly common knowledge. Welcome to TiPb and to the iPhone and just so you know there are something like 200,000 apps on the iPhone so there is a good chance there is an app for just about anything you can think of.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Trust me he was not trying to flame or insult you. ghostface147 is one of the really great members here on TiPb. I think he was just surprised that you didn't know since it is fairly common knowledge.

Thanks for the compliment. iquinn is right, I just figured most people would do some research on a product before they buy it. Either way, enjoy your phone.

French

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
... Yes, there is an iTunes app for iPhone. You can download songs and podcasts (under 20MB) over WiFi or 3G.

20 megabytes isn't very much. Most of the Podcasts I listen to are over an hour and therefore larger than 20 megs. So I would have to "side load" them? That is unfortunate...I love that my BB automatically downloads them while I sleep, and there is no size limitation. I can get in my car to drive to work and have brand new ones ready to go with no effort on my part.

Not trying to flame...just very surprised that Apple, who founded "podcasts" doesn't allow OTA download of ALL podcasts regardless of size. Or is this an AT&T limitation?

ETA: I just saw a footnote that said downloads over 20 megs via wifi. So if I have a wifi connection I can download larger files, which I assume is no limit. I can live with that (I'm downloading via wifi now on my BB).

Last edited:

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
20 megabytes isn't very much. Most of the Podcasts I listen to are over an hour and therefore larger than 20 megs. So I would have to "side load" them? That is unfortunate...I love that my BB automatically downloads them while I sleep, and there is no size limitation. I can get in my car to drive to work and have brand new ones ready to go with no effort on my part.

Not trying to flame...just very surprised that Apple, who founded "podcasts" doesn't allow OTA download of ALL podcasts regardless of size. Or is this an AT&T limitation?

ETA: I just saw a footnote that said downloads over 20 megs via wifi. So if I have a wifi connection I can download larger files, which I assume is no limit. I can live with that (I'm downloading via wifi now on my BB).

The truth is that most people don't DL Podcasts at all. Many of us just stream them on 3g or Wi-Fi and in IOS 4 this works even better.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
The truth is that most people don't DL Podcasts at all. Many of us just stream them on 3g or Wi-Fi and in IOS 4 this works even better.

Yep, this is true.
I stream my podcasts versus downloading them. I only want to listen to them once anyways.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
But new people without the unlimited data plans may not want to stream their podcasts to make sure they stay under their data plan cap.

Valid point, I forgot about the new plans. I'm just glad that I am grandfathered in on the old 30 plan.

gern blanston

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
jps1012, don't worry, we're nicer here. To be honest, I thought "wow", too because the iTunes app is such a big part of the iPhone. We're not insulting you, it was just surprising. I'm sure that if I bought a Blackberry, I'd have some questions that would surprise BB owners since I know very little about the device. We're glad you're here, and you're going to love your new iPhone.

I generally download my podcasts at home on wifi because I find it easier to scrub back and forth using the ipod controls over the streaming control. If I'm in 3G, though, I'll stream. I'll hang on to unlimited data until they pry it from my contract.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
can't we all just get along?

I've been here awhile and I've never really seen anyone on here being rude that often. Just remember it's the web and you can't tell his tone or facial expression from the words so although it might sound like he's making fun of you or being a jerk he could just be genuinely be surprised. In any case the world is what the world is and you will never find a forum that doesn't have atleast one incident but you can't write it off just for that.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
OP, you'll find too, that if you enjoy a certain podcast, they may even have their own app that houses all the podcats for you to listen to. FWIW....Enjoy being on the darkside :)

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
But new people without the unlimited data plans may not want to stream their podcasts to make sure they stay under their data plan cap.

Bingo. I'm on a 500Mb plan. I don't stream or download anything over 3G.
wifi only.

I haven't opened the itunes app since I got hit with my first bill. :eek:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh