Better contact handling in iTunes.

Steve Doherty

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey :)

As well as the current method of synching contacts with ICal, Outlook etc, I'd like to see a Contacts tab added to the Summary Screen so that we could manually import to iPhone/export from iPhone/add/delete and edit contacts.

Any thought on this? I actually managed to wipe my contacts once by synching with an empty Outlook address book - it just emptied the phone. :\

I think fully fledged contact managment within iTunes would be cool - it does everything else after all. :)

Does anyone know of a good third party contact manager for iPhone?

Cheers,
Steve

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The one iTunes workaround I can think of is that it DOES allow you (via the "info" tab) to choose which specific groups from your Outlook/Windows Contact programs to import, and you would control via your computer which contacts are in those groups, therefore controlling which contacts are synced to the phone.

Guzman

Mar 18, 2010
www.GuzmanWebsites.com
I see what you're saying. I dont know if there are any work arounds or if a Contacts tab would ever make it into a release of iTunes. I think we need to realize that iTunes was designed for music, i mean the word "tune" is in it. I do think Apple needs to rework their idea of managing a smart phone though. It is easy if you're a Mac user but PC users have a more difficult time getting that sync to work.

Steve Doherty

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Guzman,

I think you're right - iTunes has become so much more than just a music library handler. I think a more integrated contact handler would be good. Even the option to export contacts FROM the iPhone into a Windows application would be a step in the right direction.

Maybe something might show up in the version of iTunes that's mated to OS 4.0 :)

File sharing sounds sweet, at the very least.

Steve

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73