Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

97 Posts

Default jailbroken programs that return after restore from back up in itunes

Normally jailbroken programs arent saved and backed up by itunes in the restore from back up process but I found one that does. Its called "fake carrier". I like it because I rename tmobile to whatever I like, plus it also have a battery percentage thing which is also handy. Well I took a friends iphone and restored from my back up and all my app store apps naturally were there but I also found that the carrier name change and the battery percentage was there, even tho fake carrier did not appear as one of the apps. I just liked that the changes made to carrier and battery remained after itunes back up and restore.

Anyone else notice things like this?
    iPhone Intermediate

107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

ya i have a lot of jb app data... and etxtra folders...kinda dissapointed because i wanted a fresh start but now i still have some glitchy settings and miscelaneious files saved