If I change the email address on my iTunes account, will that create sync problems?

GadgetGuru72#IM

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
I want to change the email address associated with my iTunes account from my Yahoo email to my Gmail email address.

However, all of my apps were purchased with my Yahoo account, and have my Yahoo address in the metadata. If I change my email to my Gmail address, will it cause problems with these apps?

Also, what about when I go to sync my iPhone? Will my iPhone think I am connected to a different account, or will it recognize that I updated my email?

Thanks in advance.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
No. I did the same exact thing as I finally decided to put a nail in the coffin for my Yahoo! account.

It will recognize it as the same phone.

GadgetGuru72#IM

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
No. I did the same exact thing as I finally decided to put a nail in the coffin for my Yahoo! account.

It will recognize it as the same phone.

Ok, thanks.

Out of an extreme abundance of caution, what would happen when I upgrade to a new computer? In other words, how do I "validate" the apps that have my old email address embedded into them if I no longer have an account associated with that email address? Any idea if this would cause problems?

Thanks again.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
When you change you email address in iTunes it should automatically "validate" everything. As far as the email addresses inside the apps (for log ins and such) you'll have to do each one separately.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2