Error "0xe8008001" when trying to install app from iTunes

robertj15

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I had to restore my phone yesterday because it was having some problems, so I lost all my apps. After restoring I was able to sync all my apps via iTunes except for Birdfeed. It kept giving me error message ?0xe8008001?. I searched Apple?s site for a fix - deauthorize then reauthorize computer, update iTunes, etc. - and I was still unable to install the app. Searched the Store for it and it isn?t there anymore since the creator sold the app to Brizzly. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
The error code you referenced is displayed when you're trying to install an unsigned app to your iPhone. Are you pirating apps? If so, this discussion ends right here as according to forum rules.

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
From Birdfeed - A very nice Twitter client for your iPhone

Dear Birdfeed user,

There's an update to Birdfeed, but it's got a different name: Brizzly for iPhone. Brizzly is the best way to view Twitter on the web, and now it's taken the great foundation built by Birdfeed and added new features like lists and saved searches that sync with Twitter, news topics with user-editable explanations (a.k.a. Brizzly Guide), pull-down refresh, tab bar editor and more.

While we will be removing Birdfeed for sale from the iTunes App Store - we will be offering Brizzly for iPhone for free. Since it is a new product rather than an upgrade, you won't be prompted to upgrade - simply go to brizzly.com/iphone to get Brizzly (it's free). You can keep the old Birdfeed if you'd like, of course, but we won't be supporting it, and will be iterating on Brizzly from here out. Please give us a try, check out our FAQ, and let us know if you have any questions not answered there.

We want to thank Buzz Andersen for his initial work on Birdfeed, for selling it to us and especially for helping us get Brizzly for iPhone off the ground. It wasn't easy but we're proud of this new, improved product and hope you like it.

Thanks,
The Brizzly team at Thing Labs

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Dude...you're asking to get banned by posting that.

Sort of, the way mentioned is the only way to install an app pulled from the app store.

Remember handy flashlight? If you have the ipa, you need whats mentioned to reinstall it.

Thats why i was saying they were treading a very very fine line there

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Sort of, the way mentioned is the only way to install an app pulled from the app store.

Remember handy flashlight? If you have the ipa, you need whats mentioned to reinstall it.

Thats why i was saying they were treading a very very fine line there

Ah, gotcha...when I see hackulo...well, you know... ;)

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Ah, gotcha...when I see hackulo...well, you know... ;)

Yep, i totally understand heh, i see it too and think the same thing.

I'll admit i use the other no no app to trial things with no trial to see if its worth the money before i cough up the cash due to apples draconic return/refund policies, but we wont talk about that :)

EDIT**

For the record, im 1000000% anti piracy, i urge people to pay for apps all the time, but there really should be trials available on apps that ar $50 and up at least. 99c is no biggy if its a crap app, but $50 and no refund chaps my hide lol