What is the best iTunes replacement?

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I am having trouble with my iTunes it won't open, what is the best alternative to iTunes? (My iPhone info is in my signature, JFYI) I have access to all my iTunes folders & files, I just cannot use iTunes. Until I figure the problem out, how do I import, export & organize my files to, from & in my iPhone without iTunes? Can I just use the PC's autoplay function that pops up when I plug my iPhone in? It say's "open folders to view files" using Windows Explorer! Is it OK to do that on my iPhone? Long story short I messed up my iTunes by deleting apple support & Mobileme in my PC's programs! After system restore to PC & repairing the programs I deleted, iTunes gives me a error & will not open! The error says "The iTunes application could not be opened. An unknown error occured. (-50)" I am not to worried yet, especially if somebody can suggest an alternative to iTunes, until I figure it out. I am uninstalling, then reinstalling iTunes now. Thanks in advance, ;).

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There is no alternative. Welcome to Apple's closed ecosystem. In order to put music or video on, or take it off, you must have iTunes. You can install apps direct from iTunes on your phone, but for syncing, that's it.

The window that pops up in explorer will allow you to view and copy photos that you took with your iPhone camera. That's all.

You need to return to trouble shooting your iTunes.

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
K, thanks I will try repairing my iTunes today! I will repost my results if succesful or more questions that need answers if not succesful. Any suggestions where to start? What's best way to repair iTunes? If I uninstal, then reinstall do I just rove iTunes? Or all apple programs? Like QuickTime, bonjour, application helper & whatever else? Also if I do that, my library & everything should work after reinstall or will I have to start fresh? I have no problem importing all my videos & music back into iTunes, it was getting a bit messy anyway! Only concern would be my backup before jailbreak, will that be a problem?

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
There is no alternative. Welcome to Apple's closed ecosystem. In order to put music or video on, or take it off, you must have iTunes. You can install apps direct from iTunes on your phone, but for syncing, that's it.

The window that pops up in explorer will allow you to view and copy photos that you took with your iPhone camera. That's all.

You need to return to trouble shooting your iTunes.

Fortunately for me, I spent last 3 weeks importing to & organizing my iPhone! I have a little over 23 GB's of music, videos & whatever else! All organized in playlists & folders. Plus, I can still use my original Vaultsafe app to import videos & photos via wifi.That is why I am not stressing out without my iTunes, LOL. This forum is awesome, with the help from members such as yourself & all the other's I am very confident I will have it running soon. I will update later today how it's going, thanks for the help!;););)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Start by going to Add/Remove programs in your Control Panel in Windows. Make sure Windows has removed iTunes, and then restart your computer before installing new.

TaxExemPt

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Check these out.

There are quite a few alternatives to iTunes for managing files on iPods and iPhones. Here is a link with some reviews of them. I can't post links so just google "8 Free Alternatives to iTunes for Windows" and click the first link.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2