Windows 7 error messages in 64-bit iTunes 9.0.2 persist...

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
Alright, so I'm very happy with my switch to the iPhone platform. I use the latest 64-bit version of iTunes, v9.0.2, on my Windows 7 64-bit Lenovo ThinkPad. Every time I click on the "Info" tab within iTunes (the 2nd from the left, between Summary and Applications), I am still getting three small pop-up notification windows, all three of which only say "Error", and I am forced to click OK three times to make them go away. That's all it says....every time. I have used iTunes 8.x in 64-bit before version 9 came out, and under Vista 64-bit, there was never a problem.

Also, the 64-bit iTunes 9.0.2 still installs itself in the 32-bit "Program Files(x86)" folder, instead of the 64-bit "Program Files" folder. I can manually change the install destination, but doing so does not seem to make any difference. It certainly does not alleviate the issue. I checked Task Manager, and both iTunes, along with "Bonjour", "iTunesHelper", and the rest of the Apple services that run in the background all run in 32-bit mode.

Does anyone get the same errors, which don't seem to have a negative impact, other than being annoying...?

Thanks! :)

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I have iTunes installed on a Win7 64 bit system (not my main system, and it does not sync with my phone per se but is used merely as backup to my home desktop), and I don't see errors like this. The 64 bit version of iTunes is really still a 32 bit program. The only difference I saw was the driver that is installed to make the iPhone/iPod accessible is 64 bit. So it will install into the x86 program files directory; just the driver which allows the system to see the device is 64 bit.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I get those popups when updating apps. Takes 3 clicks of update all to get it done. I'm sure i could reinstall and whatever, but the effort isn't worth it yet.

I did get a second 2 tb drive and moved the itunes library to it. I'm on windows 7 64bit.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I am running a 64bit version of windows 7 just fine.....I have iTunes directories in both the 64bit program file location and the x86 program files location. either way I have not had ANY issues syncing my iPhone 3gs my iPhone 4 or my ipad to this system.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
The 64-bit version of iTunes isn't really 64 bit. It's 32-bit using a 64-bit driver for burning functionalities. That's why you see it in the x86 directory. As for your issue. Remove all traces of iTunes and reinstall it.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711