Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

125 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,013 Global Posts

Default Windows 7 error messages in 64-bit iTunes 9.0.2 persist...

Alright, so I'm very happy with my switch to the iPhone platform. I use the latest 64-bit version of iTunes, v9.0.2, on my Windows 7 64-bit Lenovo ThinkPad. Every time I click on the "Info" tab within iTunes (the 2nd from the left, between Summary and Applications), I am still getting three small pop-up notification windows, all three of which only say "Error", and I am forced to click OK three times to make them go away. That's all it says....every time. I have used iTunes 8.x in 64-bit before version 9 came out, and under Vista 64-bit, there was never a problem.

Also, the 64-bit iTunes 9.0.2 still installs itself in the 32-bit "Program Files(x86)" folder, instead of the 64-bit "Program Files" folder. I can manually change the install destination, but doing so does not seem to make any difference. It certainly does not alleviate the issue. I checked Task Manager, and both iTunes, along with "Bonjour", "iTunesHelper", and the rest of the Apple services that run in the background all run in 32-bit mode.

Does anyone get the same errors, which don't seem to have a negative impact, other than being annoying...?

iMore Genius

10,934 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

I'm using 64 bit W7 with no issues. Have you tried reinstalling iTunes?
    iMore Pro

643 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,427 Global Posts

I have iTunes installed on a Win7 64 bit system (not my main system, and it does not sync with my phone per se but is used merely as backup to my home desktop), and I don't see errors like this. The 64 bit version of iTunes is really still a 32 bit program. The only difference I saw was the driver that is installed to make the iPhone/iPod accessible is 64 bit. So it will install into the x86 program files directory; just the driver which allows the system to see the device is 64 bit.
    iMore Elite

2,237 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,862 Global Posts

I get those popups when updating apps. Takes 3 clicks of update all to get it done. I'm sure i could reinstall and whatever, but the effort isn't worth it yet.

I did get a second 2 tb drive and moved the itunes library to it. I'm on windows 7 64bit.
    iMore Intermediate

176 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

I am running a 64bit version of windows 7 just fine.....I have iTunes directories in both the 64bit program file location and the x86 program files location. either way I have not had ANY issues syncing my iPhone 3gs my iPhone 4 or my ipad to this system.
    iMore Genius

3,682 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,789 Global Posts

The 64-bit version of iTunes isn't really 64 bit. It's 32-bit using a 64-bit driver for burning functionalities. That's why you see it in the x86 directory. As for your issue. Remove all traces of iTunes and reinstall it.
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default bruce darring

Hello. I`m new in your forum and want to say hi )
    about weekend i just read it, but now have to wright something.