Can't Sync on Itunes after unlock/Jailbreak SIM not supported

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone happy new year I had to use blacksnow and blackrain to unlock/jailbreak my phone again , but this time it's really weird it actually says my carrier name and I can make calls and everything, but when I hook it up to itunes to sync it it says the following:

THIS SIM INSERTED IN THIS IPHONE DOES NOT APPEAR TO SUPPORTED

I don't know how this happened and it has never happened to me before anyone have any ideas why and how to fix it? So I can sync my phone with itunes. Thanks :D

Justin W

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue... I don't know what is causing it or how to fix it. I do have a work-around. If you have an AT&T Sim Card and insert it - then it will allow you to access your iPhone through iTunes...
I was even able to change back to the T-Mobile sim card and it still worked fine within iTunes... so if you have access to an AT&T Sim Card you may want to try that.
Good luck!

Last edited:

Justin W

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
One more thing... it's almost like it was a periodic check or something... it has worked for 3 days now with the T-Mobile Sim Card and not come up with the non-supported sim card error.

Also, just so you know:

Model: (MB717LL) 3GS Black
Version: 3.1.2 (7D11)
Carrier 5.0
Modem Firmware: 05.11.07

Jaibreak: BlackRa1n
Unlock: BlackSn0w

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Hey thank a million It worked I put in an AT&T sim for few secs when it started to sync took it out and put in another SIM (Tmob) and it's syncing thanks again you made my day and happy new year :D