Syncing iPhone to iTunes on a new PC

kmb3333

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
PLEASE HELP! Syncing iPhone to iTunes on a new PC

I just got a new PC and tried syncing my iPhone to a newly downloaded version of iTunes. It recognized my phone just fine but I continue to get the following message when I try to sync my apps and ringtones: "Are you sure you want to sync ringtones? All existing ringtones on the iPhone "my name" will be replaced with ringtones from your iTunes library." I hesitate to click OK since my iTunes library is currently empty and I don't want it to erase everything I've stored on my iPhone. Can someone help me in syncing my iPhone to my new iTunes without losing everything? I basically need to move the files from the phone to the PC.

Thanks!

Last edited:

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
this is normal. it's a new computer

the easiest way is to use your computer backup to transfer the information.

there's some third party apps that let you pull stuff off if you don't have a backup. you're stuck using one. I don't know of anything specifically but there's a ton of threads on the subject or someone may pop in with a suggestion.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
you could also burn a copy of your full itunes app from your old computer and then just drag and drop it onto your new computer. then your iphone will act as it always did on the old computer. be sure and delete the itunes that you downloaded first. let us know how it works out for you.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen