iTunes Backup File under Windows 7 - where is it?

starkrav

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I recently installed 64bit Windows 7 Ultimate on my PC and I want to backup the iTunes backup file for my iPhone. However I don't know where it is located under Windows 7. Does anyone know where? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
iPhone 3G, 3.1

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Try this:
<Drive>:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

Where <Drive> is the drive letter you installed Windows 7 on ( probably C: ) and <UserName> is the name you log into Windows with.

Reactions: Ematt and tanmai

starkrav

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
RE: That was it! Thanks!

I had hidden files turned off so I couldn't see AppData under my username. But after I activated it, your file location was exactly correct! Thanks!

Robert Park

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok theres only a folder called 7cc0180fb580d68bf28a9bd0e5f1e26dc0df6de2 in <Drive>:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup but its empty and I synced the itouch before I tried the update and now its bricked and all my photos are on the damn thing and I even tried to restore it and it gave me an error. Can I get my crap back some how? I really could use my stuff and forget this update.

Robert Park

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I went to <Drive>:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup have a folder that is 7cc0180fb580d68bf28a9bd0e5f1e26dc0df6de2 but its empty altho I did sync before I tried to update now its bricked, I lost all my photos and I can't even click restore as it doesn't work some error... I really need my photos if someone can get them back please help!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
What do you mean when you say it's bricked? Won't turn on at all? If it's still turning on, it's not bricked and you can fix it.

​Start by telling us exactly what you were trying to do and what happened.

Robert Park

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
iPod Recovery Mode.png Here is a screenshot of what it is doing and here is what the iPod looks like Ipod iTunes.png what I want if possible is to get my photos off the iPod however I have looked for a restore and I can't find one so are they gone? I drove about 200 miles to take some of those photos so it would suck if there gone. After I can or can not get the photos I just need the thing to work again. All my app purchases where free I think. I know for the most part that doesn't bug me. What happen is I had 6.1.2 and was trying to update to 6.1.3 and it said the purchases where not on the computer so I tried to sync it and it showed pictures of the home screens but no apps so I ignored the screen saying to transfer my purchases and tried to update then it is like the picture...

Robert Park

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Had an app from facebook so I got my photos, it uploaded them all or most... I used it about three days ago so it did it then. Now I just want to fix it and ill start over... I also got a iphone 3g 16gb that I need working for any network as I don't have AT&T right now but have T-Mobile and it was unlocked when I tried to update it so now its stuck in recovery mode too. I tried iphone dfu mode once and after 6 hours of trying I got it to work but it wanted an AT&T card and I don't have that. I couldn't get it in that mode again and gave up after about 10 trys.

cabos77

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

How can I see or find hidden files ? I can't see AppData under my username. Im using windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Thx.

[Redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:

chenmahi

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, it helped to locate the back up file.
how can i use this back up data on my computer ( as i feel this back up data is meant only to restore it on your iPhone)

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, it helped to locate the back up file.
how can i use this back up data on my computer ( as i feel this back up data is meant only to restore it on your iPhone)

you can save them to an external drive as an off-site backup in case your computer ever crashes and you need to find those files..

M Najam

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
hey there... i m having a problem in updating my iphone 5 from 6.0.1 to 7.0 (or something), as itunes saying memory full, and my iphone is stucked with a screen (connect to itunes)... how can is format or delete my all data to get back working iphone... i dont want to restore any data, is there any idea how to solve this thing.???

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2