Why do we have to re-jailbreak after an ITunes update

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Just wondering about when the time actually comes and we get a new iphone update; pending when the programs are ready to jailbreak with that update. Why isn't there a way to keep our jailbreak and update also? I'm not a programmer so with the technology available I would think after 3 years of Iphones a way wasn't developed yet where we could jailbreak and update and still have the jailbreak.

Josh

On a another topic. I know there is a thread about what people think 3.2 would have. But I'm afraid for us all that Apple is coming up with a anti-jailbreak lock for the IPhones. With the add Apple has on the new job for there head "Security" guy, seems this might be a problem for us in the future abd might be in the not to distant future. :(

Josh

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Actually, if Apple would RELEASE the HOLD on it's OS (Open it up so outside developer's could improve it). There would BE no NEED to JB.I believe it's what's called PROPRIETARY OWNERSHIP. That's a SIMPLE way of putting it... LOL... I look at it this way... If I purchase your product, (LAY OUT MY HARD EARNED CASH), That SHOULD GIVE ME THE RIGHT TO DO WITH IT WHAT I PLEASE. Once it leaves your posession it becomes mine. IF I can improve upon it for my own GOOD and am NOT DIRECTLY affect You the manufacturer or "copy" and build pirated equipment to sell in competition of your's, I'm not infringing on your copyrights. I'm inproving MY PURCHASED equipment. Some may disagree... That's OK... BAsicly it BOILS down to CASH FLOW... Apple, to a point Does let outside Developers (APP STORE) in. But they STILL have control of the pie. This is only one view... There are likely Hundreds or thousands of opinions on this subject.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Actually, if Apple would RELEASE the HOLD on it's OS (Open it up so outside developer's could improve it). There would BE no NEED to JB.I believe it's what's called PROPRIETARY OWNERSHIP. That's a SIMPLE way of putting it... LOL... I look at it this way... If I purchase your product, (LAY OUT MY HARD EARNED CASH), That SHOULD GIVE ME THE RIGHT TO DO WITH IT WHAT I PLEASE. Once it leaves your posession it becomes mine. IF I can improve upon it for my own GOOD and am NOT DIRECTLY affect You the manufacturer or "copy" and build pirated equipment to sell in competition of your's, I'm not infringing on your copyrights. I'm inproving MY PURCHASED equipment. Some may disagree... That's OK... BAsicly it BOILS down to CASH FLOW... Apple, to a point Does let outside Developers (APP STORE) in. But they STILL have control of the pie. This is only one view... There are likely Hundreds or thousands of opinions on this subject.

You can jailbreak it and do your own thing. It’s not something that Apple prefers, but they are powerless to stop the jailbreak community... so take your phone, install the jailbreak and do your own thing. Apple will never change their perspective on this, and will never assist you... so you are on your own. It’s their platform. Their walled garden. Their ecosystem. They make the rules, and you can either live with the status quo, or move to a new platform. It really is that simple.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
*blush* Was responding to a thread that showed up in the "New Posts" search... wow... mea culpa.

LOL!! I find that hitting "New posts" twice in a row will frequently give me totally different results. And, of course, it never includes the Off Topic forum. Pity.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone else enjoy the irony in the original post? Increased technology has made jailbreaking more difficult, yet he was asking why it didn't make jailbreaking easier.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone else enjoy the irony in the original post? Increased technology has made jailbreaking more difficult, yet he was asking why it didn't make jailbreaking easier.

That is funny. It's going to continue to become more difficult as we continue working towards securing the platform in the future.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro