Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default itunes will not sync iphone ringtones.

Tonight I was trying to sync some ringtones that were downloaded, and added to itunes via a third party (myxer). Itunes synced just fine, but when I checked my custom ringtone list the songs I selected were not there. Also all the ringtones, including the new ones added say file cannot be located. Anyone know what going on??? I'm completely confused!
    For ref. I have 3gs iphone, and updated itunes to 9, and the newest update to iphone.
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    1,631 Global Posts
    iOS Version

are they in .m4r format?
    Join me on Facebook and check out my group: Hack-My-I
    Note: Pls let me know if u are on TiPb while sending me a friend request so i can send u an invitation to the group, Thanks!
    Follow Me on Twitter and I will Follow You Back
    Blk iPhone 4 32GB
    White iPad2 16gb wi-fi: hack-my-i Edition

iCANT Customize MY iPHONE. AGAIN. (iOS4 UPDATE!!!) Sign this Petition and let your voice be heard!!
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by loudrims_inc View Post
    are they in .m4r format?
    How do I found out if they are, I have no clue!
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    1,631 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzynvl2101 View Post
    How do I found out if they are, I have no clue!
    right click>>Properties>>look for 'type of file'
    Note: Pls let me know if u are on TiPb while sending me a friend request so i can send u an invitation to the group, Thanks!
    Blk iPhone 4 32GB

iCANT Customize MY iPHONE. AGAIN. (iOS4 UPDATE!!!) Sign this Petition and let your voice be heard!!
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    1,631 Global Posts
    iOS Version

should look something like this:

couresy of Ref1mind

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...tones-you.html
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Hack-My-I; 11-05-2009 at 02:27 AM.
    Blk iPhone 4 32GB

iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    1,631 Global Posts
    iOS Version

click the link>>open>>let it play on itunes>>then click link again and save to desktop
    Blk iPhone 4 32GB

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

When you create them and have to save them from your 3rd party software either check where you saved the file or when you're saving it the program should say the file type or extension. Also I had the same thing happen the first time I tried to sync custom ringtones you need to sync twice. Connect your phone and click your phone in iTunes and go to the ringtone tab check that your custom ringtone is selected on the phone and sync again. The ringtone shows in two places iTunes and then in the iPhone's ringtone section.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    1,631 Global Posts
    iOS Version

how do i delete ringtones from itunes?
    Blk iPhone 4 32GB

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Just go to ringtones category in iTunes when your phone's not connected and delete it just like you would a song. Then make sure it's not selected as the ringtone and connect and sync it will remove the ringtone.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    1,631 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    Just go to ringtones category in iTunes when your phone's not connected and delete it just like you would a song. Then make sure it's not selected as the ringtone and connect and sync it will remove the ringtone.
    ok thanks,...i been trying to figure it out after taking some tylenol PM's for my headache, u can imagine how that was going lol
    Blk iPhone 4 32GB

iPhone Newbie

Default Re: itunes will not sync iPhone ringtones

I had the similar problem before, especially with my custom ringtones. And it took me a long time to get this problem fixed.

Make sure that:
    1. it's up to 30 secs,
    2. none of the song fields (song name, artist, composer, etc) have special characters.

If these dosen't work, check here: w ww.wikiappletv.com/page/How+to+Sync+iPhone+Ringtone+on+Mac
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jactory View Post
    I had the similar problem before, especially with my custom ringtones. And it took me a long time to get this problem fixed.

Make sure that:
    1. it's up to 30 secs,
    2. none of the song fields (song name, artist, composer, etc) have special characters.

If these dosen't work, check here: w ww.wikiappletv.com/page/How+to+Sync+iPhone+Ringtone+on+Mac
    Is there a free app that will do this ?
    iPhone Intermediate

do u have the convert 128kbps option checked? if so uncheck it and try again.
    iMore Newbie

Or you can try a third pary ringtone maker