How to remote deauthorize an iTunes account?

RanoNL

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Last year I worked for a company and I authorized the PC to use my iTunes account. But, the company went bankrupt and the PC's were taken by the IRS. How can I remote deauthorize that PC? Is it possible?

The same question goes for PC's that have crashed. How can you deauthorize them?

Thanks in advance.

~RanoNL

kojava

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I believe you can go to your account preferences in the Music Store. There you can select which ones to de-authorize and re-authorize.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I just had a problem like this recently. You can ( once per year ) de-authorize ALL authorized computers.

That's what I had to do earlier this week :)

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
How do you do that?

Here's from Apple's support site.

To deauthorize all computers associated with your account

If you find you have reached 5 authorizations, you can reset your authorization count by clicking Deauthorize All in the Account Information screen.
  1. Click iTunes Store in the menu on the left side of iTunes.
  2. If you're not signed in to the store, click the Account button, then enter your account name and password.
  3. Click the Account button again (your ID appears on the button), enter your password, and then click View Account.
  4. In the Account Information window, click Deauthorize All.
Note: You may only use this feature once per year. The Deauthorize All button will not appear if you have fewer than 5 authorized computers, or if you have used this option within the last 12 months. If you need assistance on using this feature, please contact the iTunes Store support via email (Apple - Support - iTunes - World Wide).

Reactions: Tramain

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If I do that to move my Itunes sync to a different PC do all my apps, etc move to the new iTunes install when I put in my account info?

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
If I do that to move my Itunes sync to a different PC do all my apps, etc move to the new iTunes install when I put in my account info?

deauthorize only enables that computer to play music and videos you have purchased through iTunes. You will still need to transfer your apps, music and videos to the new computer. If everything you own is on your iPhone, you should be able to right-click on your iPhone, in iTunes, and select "transfer purchased items" and they will be copied to the new computer. Otherwise just copy your iTunes library, and apps folder over to the new computer and Authorize it.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
OK so to move my iPhone to a new PC.... Remove the iPhone from PC 1. Deauthorize. then attach iPhone to PC 2, authorize and transfer apps from Phone.

What about the Outlook Sync? Will that cause dups?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh