iTunes think my iPhone is a new phone

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Plugged in my jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 3gs today to sync some music and got a pop up saying "this is not a valid At&t sim" or something of that nature. I don't remember exactly what it said but it iTunes told me to replace with a valid sim to continue.

I haven't made any changes to my phone that I know of so I'm clueless of what to do. Should I just replace my tmobile sim with the AT&T sim that came with the retail box and sync? Would I lose my jailbreak and unlock and apps? Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

bullitt3246

Sep 12, 2009
Visit site
I keep hearing this alot, Maybe itunes has figured something out to not read tmobile SIMs.. you didnt update? Your phone still work with the TM SIM?

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Yes. I have tried rebooting but it didn't fix the problem. I even tried rebooting my pc and iTunes but to no avail. I'm still on 3.01 as I have made sure that I didn't inadvertantly upgrade. It just happened today with no cause. I haven't done anything different or made any changes at all.

Do you think if I pop in my blank AT&T sim that came with the box and resync would I lose everything including jailbreak and apps?

The thing is, my phone and SMS still works flawlessly. It's only when I plugged my phone in to sync some contents it said that my sim is not supported.

mrceo

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
I have an iphone with an chinese operating system... therefore it doesn't respond to itunes at all... all it does is start up as a disk drive... is there anyway that i can put a apple os on my phone.

bullitt3246

Sep 12, 2009
Visit site
I have an iphone with an chinese operating system... therefore it doesn't respond to itunes at all... all it does is start up as a disk drive... is there anyway that i can put a apple os on my phone.

try starting your own thread for your own issue. This thread is for the guy that posted it, even though you 2 seem to have similar problems

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Nope. Not similar problems. Mine is a legitimate iPhone 3gs. However problem has been resolved. I tried syncing with AT&T sim last night and I was able to sync with no problem. This guy has an iPhone knockoff and wants to put a genuine iPhone OS into it.