Should ITunes be renamed?

Should Itunes be renamed?

• Total voters

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
So I'm listening to the last TiPb podcast and it sprung to mind when Chad brought up the point that the HD in ZuneHD is possibly misleading because the Zune is not Hi-Def. Then later in the podcast Rene brought up the fact that Itunes should possibly be renamed since it does more than just tunes now. The response was Apple could rename it but now it's more of a moniker than a definition of the software. The way I look at things is, if you want to hold something to a black and white rule then it has to be for everybody and not just some. So do you think Itunes should be renamed, to iDoeseverything?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
for the people who don't think it should be changed can you give a reason?? I've never used Itunes until I got my Iphone probably because I was a windows user and never saw the need. I've been using it since and now it's synonymous with all my media but maybe I don't have the attachment to it like long time users do?

for the people who would like to see a name change throw up some ideas it might make it fun and interesting to see some good ideas brought up and why.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
iTunes is sticking.

Suggestions:

iTool (this one made me chuckle...)
iPlayer
iAnything

love the iTool it made me chuckle too, I know they wouldn't change it because it's just so well known but I just want you the user's opinion on whether they should change it or not? I'm really liking the iMedia it's truthful and it's more than just music.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
i think they should go with iLife and rename the software pack because itunes can handle everything in your life music,podcasts,movies,tv shows, syncing iphone with calendar and contacts, and all the apps :D

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
I don't see it changing for one simple reason, brand recognition. People who don't use, and don't even own a computer, have heard of iTunes and know, essentially, what it is. Companies pay millions of dollars to get public awareness and brand recognition. You don't mess with it without good reason.

Besides, Apple denied Google Voice and Google Latitude because they thought it would confuse us. Obviously, they think we're all complete idiots. God forbid they should change the name. We may never figure it out. :p

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
thats why i said rename the software pack obviously the name change couldnt be right away rename software pack then maybe 6 months later could implement the itunes name change.

Yeah I think what they mean is that during the transition people would see iLife and think of the software. So there would be a dis-connect until many, many generations when iTunes is long gone before it would be recognized.

LOL I've got it they should call it, drum roll please

iTopia

has a nice ring to it. :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh