Why can't iTunes 9 find my music?

mbartel500

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
When I had itunes 8, I could play any song in my library on my PC.
As soon as I upgraded to itunes 9, it can't play any music, because it can't locate the original file....Is this a bug???? Am I a duh???? OK, just answer the first one please...I already know I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I had thought an upgrade would not cause this much grief!! I am hoping one of you itune techs can set me straight on this....:confused: TIA

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
It sounds like the install of iTunes changed the location of the iTunes music folder. If you know what folder it is in, go into the iTunes preferences and change your music folder setting to the folder your music is located in. The option to change the folder location should on the advanced tab.

Does that make sense?

mbartel500

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your response.....I went in to change the default folder, but it was already correctly set. After trying a couple of other things, I just went ahead and did an "Add Folder To Library" for all of my music folders. Then went back and deleted the duplicate listings in my library. Took about an hour and a half, but all is well now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW