Tried Updating to 3.1 but Itunes can not connect because phone is locked

Takempis

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
I tried searching and did not find this issue - It is late and I need a solution quick.

I was updating to 3.1 and after the download and install was complete it said connecting to itunes - than a message said that it could not connect because the phone is locked and I need to enter the passcode on the phone before it can connect to itunes.

When I start the phone it has the connect to itunes screen and the unlock slider says slide for emergency.

I don't see any place to enter passcode. What do I do? :eek:

Takempis

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
Yes, this was my phone and my itunes - I knew the passcode but there was no place to put it into the phone.

I called Apple help and they had me restore my phone by doing this:

I have Windows XP
make sure Itunes is up
unplug cable from computer
Turn phone completely off
hold down home key and continue holding while putting cord back into computer
hold home key until a message on Itunes says it needs to restore iphone
then restore Iphone
then restore from back up.

I am still having a few issues. I have not been able to check the phone out completely because I have been on the road all day.

Takempis

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
Great news - my wifi and bluetooth are not working. Everything else seems to be ok. I have tried all the solutions on the apple page and it hasn't helped. I guess I get to call Apple help again tomorrow.

My nearest Apple store is 3 hours away.

I'll give you an update when I find out more.

I am impressed with the Apple help though. I got a person in 3 minutes - he tried helping for 15 than shipped me up to someone higher and they got it in 2 minutes. Now we will see how long this next issue happens. I was at least glad to have my phone on my trip today.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711