Can't Get My iphone to sync with itunes

BlackSVTL

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
I posted this in the wrong section so im posting it here. I have only been able to get my music to sync by draging the music folder over the iphone. But i still get the error and can't back up my contacts. This is really annoying.

Original post:
I can't get my iphone to sync with my itunes ever. i have tired everything it says to do in the troubleshooting section of the iphone manual and it still doesn't work. i get a error saying "itunes was unable to load dataclass information from sync services. Reconnect or try again later". I have tired every usb port on my computer and i have the latest itunes. any ideas

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
Uninstall iTunes, restart and make sure there are no antivirus programs running in the background. Reinstall the latest version of iTunes. It sounds like a background process is not being installed, or is damaged.

Restarting the computer can be important, as it allows the system to delete or purge files that are, or can be, resident in memory. This would be true of any uninstall/reinstall of software.

I am also assuming that it is a PC running some flavor of Windows, right?

BlackSVTL

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
I have done a reinstall of iTunes already. I have turned of my firewall and antivirus. I wonder if I should try turning of the firewall and antivirus then reinstall iTunes with the firewall and antivirus off. I have tried almost everything I have found by searching. When I uninstalled iTunes I deleted the iTunes folder in programs files like one place said to try. I also uninstalled the apple device program iTunes installs like it said to. I don't remember the actually name. I'm posting from the iPhone so can't look it up.

jesseshawl

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
Can it connect to other usb devices? It would be really nice to see if your itunes could recognize an iPod or something. If that works, you know it's not a problem with the cable or your computer.

BlackSVTL

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
Can it connect to other usb devices? It would be really nice to see if your itunes could recognize an iPod or something. If that works, you know it's not a problem with the cable or your computer.

I don't think I still have a iPod anymore. It broke so idk if if would help at all.

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
Is there any other sync software on the computer that is running at the same time as iTunes, or has a memory resident app. It sounds like the driver that iTunes uses to sync with the iPhone may be in use by another device.

I have read on a few sites that external USB hard drives could be a factor, not sure though.

Try this link to see if it helps:
iPhone and iPod touch: How to remove and reinstall the Apple Mobile Device Service on Mac OS X

Might have to decipher it for Windows if that is what you have, due to files being stored in different folders and such.

BlackSVTL

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
Is there any other sync software on the computer that is running at the same time as iTunes, or has a memory resident app. It sounds like the driver that iTunes uses to sync with the iPhone may be in use by another device.

I have read on a few sites that external USB hard drives could be a factor, not sure though.

Try this link to see if it helps

Might have to decipher it for Windows if that is what you have, due to files being stored in different folders and such.

Yea I have windows. I don't have xnything else pluged into the computer besides my printer. I'll try the deleteing of apple mobile device service when I'm home.

BlackSVTL

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site

Try this link to see if it helps:
iPhone and iPod touch: How to remove and reinstall the Apple Mobile Device Service on Mac OS X

i did that and i still get the error. this really sucks.

I took a screen shot maybe it will help :confused:

screenshotiphone.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox