itunes backup question and sync question

Ticman

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
When I plug iphone into computer it pops up to use this device with a "camera". I read about this on another post and can't find it again. How do i get it to recognize the connection as a phone. What i have to do is just cancel and then itunes will open up and show my phone and I complete the sync.

Next question. When sync starts it always "backups" the phone. Where is this Backup? can i use it first if I have an issue before doing a restore which is more major operation.

thanks,
Mike

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Windows always sees it as a digital camera, it's supposed too. If you go to my computer and look at your drives with the iPhone attached it should have an an icon that looks like the iPhone and says "iPhone" under it. What is happening is normal, do you have iTunes set to open when you connect it? If it doesn't start up right away you can just open iTunes up yourself and it will detect the iPhone shortly after it starts up.

Not exactly sure where the backup is located. Check in the iTunes folder. The backup is a backup of all your settings and such for the iPhone. You can't do anything with this file really. If you have to restore iTunes will automatically check for a backup file and ask if you want to restore as new or from a backup file.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Next question. When sync starts it always "backups" the phone. Where is this Backup? can i use it first if I have an issue before doing a restore which is more major operation.

thanks,
Mike
you don't need to know where the backup is. leave it there. itunes uses it after doing a restore.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner