iphone itunes problem

rrrl17

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
how come all of my unchecked songs still sync to my iphone. how can i make this stop??

also what are some good cases that don't cause friction when putting in/out of my pocket (iphone 3g)

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Not sure if your referring to having the songs checked in the main library or if when you plug in your phone you check and uncheck under the music tab in the folder your syncing to the iPhone.

I have a belt clip for my phone. No pocket for me. On my original iPhone I had an agent 18 hard case the easily slipped in my pocket but to be honest I would not reccomend it for a 3g or 3gs as the plastic back scatches much easier than the aluminium .

rrrl17

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if your referring to having the songs checked in the main library or if when you plug in your phone you check and uncheck under the music tab in the folder your syncing to the iPhone.

I have a belt clip for my phone. No pocket for me. On my original iPhone I had an agent 18 hard case the easily slipped in my pocket but to be honest I would not reccomend it for a 3g or 3gs as the plastic back scatches much easier than the aluminium .

i have the songs unchecked in my itunes library but they still sync with my iphone, and i want this to stop b/c im running out of memory

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
what you need to do is create a playlist for the iphone only. then when you sync your phone choose only the iphone playlist to sync. you'll find it under the music tab when you plug in your phone check sync music then select the "selected playlists" and you check the aforementioned folder,then you are golden. you should be able to manage your music much easier in this manner. i have also unchecked the "automatically sync this iphone when connected"

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
the check box in the library is for the following

You can prevent a song from playing without having to delete it from your library. When you import a CD, you can also skip certain songs.

To prevent a song from playing or importing:

Deselect the checkbox to the left of the song title.

rrrl17

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
what you need to do is create a playlist for the iphone only. then when you sync your phone choose only the iphone playlist to sync. you'll find it under the music tab when you plug in your phone check sync music then select the "selected playlists" and you check the aforementioned folder,then you are golden. you should be able to manage your music much easier in this manner. i have also unchecked the "automatically sync this iphone when connected"

what will happen to my other playlists?

rrrl17

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
the check box in the library is for the following

You can prevent a song from playing without having to delete it from your library. When you import a CD, you can also skip certain songs.

To prevent a song from playing or importing:

Deselect the checkbox to the left of the song title.

can you explain in painful detail please... does it have to be a "smart playlist" bullet points would be VERY helpful.... (im a noob)

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
the other unchecked playlists will be removed from the iphone.

it can be any kind of playlist you choose to create. I just drag and drop the songs into the "IPhone playlist" that I want to hear. I have also added the "purchased playlist to my IPhone as most of these songs are songs that I like enough to buy them.

play around with it and you will get the feel for it in no time it is very intuitive.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73