iTunes cannot read the contents of iPhone 3gs

tgif3

Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
I jailbroke my iPhone 3gs tonight, my first time jailbreaking an iPhone, and it was working fine until I tried to install Intelliscreen. I did not check to see if it was compatible with 3gs first and well, it isn't. It froze after I clicked Reboot Springboard so eventually I plugged it into iTunes and did a restore. After reboot iTunes says it cannot read the contents of the iPhone and to do a restore. I tried putting the phone in DFU mode and restoring but I get the same error. I just rebooted my laptop in case that will help and am doing another restore now. Should I try loading on the jailbreak firmware instead? What else can I do?

tgif3

Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
Reboot of my laptop allowed my iPhone to be activated! I was starting to worry there for a minute. Thanks for all your help anyways, there is a ton of info here!

hartefbrown1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
"iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone"

Found an easier way! just download and install i-funbox Connect your iPhone, Go and find ?iTunesDB? using i-funbox and delete it, Open iTunes on your PC\Mac and Walla!!! You?re back to Syncing and no more Messages! Enjoy:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2