Help! Music trapped on old Itunes account--how to transfer to new Iphone/Itunes?

tarabuzz

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I've had an ipod nano for 3 years--registered under my personal email account--and have hundreds of songs and books downloaded on that itunes account. When I bought a new iphone for my business in May no one told me I'd need to register my iphone under the same name or lose all that music. I registered my iphone to my business email. Now my ipod nano is broken and I can't figure out how to get all that music onto my new iphone. I'm sure there's a way to do it but the people that the AT&T store were clueless. I'm hoping someone on here can help??

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
According to Apple's website, all you have to do is log into your account and edit your account settings to change your email address. Theoretically, you should be able to change your iPhone email address to your iPod email address and everything should be right.

If you are concerned with losing data, call Apple and make an appointment with a genius at an Apple store (if possible), or see if they can alter your email address on the iPhone account to the iPod address right over the phone. You should then be able to sync your media to both devices, if they can, as both devices would be used on the same iTunes account.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711