3.0 Update?!? iTunes 8.2? What to do?

mceyedol

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
URGENT HELP: 3.0 Update?!? iTunes 8.2? What to do? Crashed..!

Hello All,

Am new to the forum... hello fellow iPhonians ;) Now i'm in a bind, and don't know what to do. I have an iPhone 3g 8GB, I jailbroke it a few months ago and am loving the results. Recently iTunes rolled out the 8.2 and various blogs advised not to update.... so I didn't.

Now the 3.0 software is out I just don't know what to do... I want all the updates from the 3.0 software without loosing all my jailbroken free apps etc. I haven't been able to update my music playlist on the iPhone for 3/4 weeks now :(

I'm scared to sync my phone as I don't wanna brick out. Please can anyone advise me how I got about updating to 3.0 while still retaining all my free apps and hopefully be able to sync some new tunes on it.

Any advice would be most helpful. Thanks

Michael -x-

Last edited:

cre8tivspirit

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
Just because you didn't update to 8.2 didn't mean you couldn't sync your phone. As for 3.0, you will need to update iTunes to 8.2, then do a restore in order to get 3.0. Once the dev team comes out with a jailbreak for 3.0, then you can jailbreak your phone again.

If you are using a Mac, you can use Pwnage to jailbreak your phone now. Otherwise, you have to wait for the Windows version to come out.

mceyedol

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
while organising my catergories folders... my iphone crashed and rebooted... it's now on a permanent apple logo.

I've done a system restore in iTunes which has installed the v3.0 software... can I still jailbreak my phone now that the software update has been done in iTunes and even though it was previously jailbroken.

I also read that updating through iTunes to 3.0 on a jailbroken phone looses you 500mb of space as Cydia moves the applications to a safe place and then you can never get the space back... is this true? Cause my iphone says there is only 7.1gb available...?!?

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Hey yall, Ok lets see if I can get yall some answers.
I have a unlocked and jailbroken 3g iphone on 3.0 as of early this morning. I too was stuck on the apple logo on monday and reboots did nothing. I was 2.2.1 jb and unlocked using turbosim though. I had no choice but to DFU and restore :(

It restored and upgraded my iphone to 3.0. I was using itunes 8.1. Not only that, but it updated itunes to 8.2. I jailbroke it and unlocked it around 4am with no problems. No more turbosim yay! As for the space, it says Capacity: 7.08gb

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2