iTunes 8.2 and JB

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I noted the warning to "potential" jailbreakers that they should avoid upgrading to iTunes 8.2. If one is using a phone that is already jailbroken, is it OK to move up to 8.2 or should we avoid it if we are looking forward to a jailbroken 3.0?

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
If you are already jailbroken, then moving to 8.2 is ok. HOWEVER...if something goes wrong and you need to restore, you won't be able to re-jailbreak...

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
If you are already jailbroken, then moving to 8.2 is ok. HOWEVER...if something goes wrong and you need to restore, you won't be able to re-jailbreak...

Help me Please....I upgraded iTunes to 8.2 accidentally last night and did a restore and am trying to jailbreak again on a windows PC using quickpwn 2.2.5.

Because I restored my iphone with iTunes 8.2 there is no way to jailbreak my iPhone 3G at all now?

Please help me....Please

Thanks

Patrick

sfarris

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
8.2 causes problems

I updated the minute Apple sent me the notification- and had to undo it. All my music was still on the iPhone, but unreadable. Memory showed it as orange, meaning Other, not music. So, I had to uninstall iTunes, erase the library, find an older version of iTunes to reload, and restore my phone. And then re Jailbreak. Not a fun day!

Bottom line- don't go to 8.2!~

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I updated the minute Apple sent me the notification- and had to undo it. All my music was still on the iPhone, but unreadable. Memory showed it as orange, meaning Other, not music. So, I had to uninstall iTunes, erase the library, find an older version of iTunes to reload, and restore my phone. And then re Jailbreak. Not a fun day!

Where did you find previous version on iTunes?
Everything I find is 8.2

Thanks

pleask55

May 5, 2009
Visit site

Yep same here ... had this frustrating prob yesterday .... man trying to re-load 8.1.1.10 after dishing 8.2 took 9 times trying before my break through. Yep don't go there sister! I tried 'Dino's' info with the beta 8.2 but iTunes auto converted to official 8.2 during setup! Couldn't stop it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro