Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default jailbroken Iphone won't sync with itunes, help please!

i jail broke my iphone 3g (v 2.2) with quickpwn like 4 months ago. i haven't done a sync since the jailbreak. today when i opened itunes (v it's not recognizing my phone. the cable works fine, the usb port is fine, and yes it's plugged in! i tried re-installing itunes and restarted the phone and the computer, with no results. can anyone help me on this? it will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

p.s. i need the instructions explained thoroughly with detail if possible, because some of this is greek to me! thanks again.
    iPhone Experts

772 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,599 Global Posts

I know it sounds silly but did you try a reset (hold home and power until Apple logo) of the phone?
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Default Jailbroken phone won't sync with Mobile me or itunes.

I did that but it still doesn't work. Any other suggestions?
    iPhone Newbie

10 Posts

I have the same problem with my iPod touch. I just jailbroke it and my LibUSB program caused a BSOD. So I erased it and now my iPod won't connect with my iTunes. I'm not sure completely about what LibUSB does but when I jailbroke my iPod it told me to install LibUSB.