Trouble with iTunes 8.1 and iPhone 2g

tamborine

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi-
Once upon a time, everything was going great. Then, one day (today) I upgraded my iTunes (on my PC) to version 8.1.

Suddenly, connecting the iphone freezes iTunes. In fact, if I open a window over it, it won't reappear, although it shows in the task bar. The computer reads the phone -- I see it as a camera like usual. I've tried restarting, etc, with no luck.

Any ideas how I can live happily ever after?

Thanks!

P.S. When I detach the iPhone, everything is back to normal -- windows appear and minimize as they should.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I had this problem at times with the last version of iTunes. Try removing your iTunes account and adding it back on. This has seemed to help others with this issue.

tamborine

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I'm a little confused, though -- by "removing the iTunes account" do you mean signing out? Deauthorizing the computer? Or something else? I did the first two, with no luck. Is there something I should do on the phone?

Thanks!

tamborine

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
I removed iTunes altogether, downloaded and installed it again, and (after a weird few minutes when it didn't work) the problem seems to have resolved itself. I did come across this, in case others have the same issue and want something else to try:

forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=209553&page=2

(It won't let me post that as a link -- I'm too new here......)

Thanks for the help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro