Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default itunes and Vista Home Premium, i cannot run itunes on Vista Home Premium

greetings y'all

i have recently bought a HP computer and now i want to install itunes 8 on my computer. So basically, i downloaded the itunes 8 from apple and then try to install it on my computer. i have the Vista Home Premium 64-bit with service pack 1. When i try to install itunes i got a reject message saying, "my windows installer is not install correctly". Does anyone know way to work around this?? would i have to uninstall all programs, in oither words re-boot my whole computer as if it were from new out of the box. also i heard that windows requires you to install all the new updates in order to install itunes?? is that correct? and i cant install the new service pack that windows found for me to install (new service pack)?? please help if anyone can help me?? thank you.. god bless..
    iMore Beginner

58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

I had the same issue with my Wife's HP with 64bit Vista HmP. You have to download a specific version of itunes made for the 64bit system.

Here is the link

iTunes 8.0.2 for Windows Vista 64-bit