Buying music on iTunes a bad idea?

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
Hello all, i wonder is buying music on iTunes is a bad idea because of the format issue. I can buy a album in iTunes but then Im stuck with it in itunes format unless I do some extra research on a converter.

This seems retarded when I can buy a album on CD baby and get it as an immediate mp3 download that I can easily move to the iPhone threw iTunes but then also place it on my wifes Centro.

Is there any reasons why a person would buy from iTunes versus some where else?

Last edited:

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Not a problem for me because:

1) AAC is the linear successor to MP3, giving *slightly* better results at smaller file size, and includes advantages like bookmarking, chapters and artwork, etc.

2) More and more devices/software support AAC all the time (I believe Win 7 will make support pretty much universal)

3) iTunes has a built-in MP3 converter. Just pick the song(s) you want in MP3 and then go to Advanced > Create MP3 version

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I'm pretty sure you can burn it to a CD and then rip it into another computer without any issues of DRM plus iTunes lets you have up to 5 computers on the same account and copy the songs right over 100% legally.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner