Can't transfer songs from itunes to iphone?

mark1914

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
I unlocked and jailbroke my iphone. Its working fine on T-mobile. WHen I connect to my computer to download some songs from my iTunes library it wont let me. The iphone icon is there but when I drag a song over it doest take.:(

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
it sounds like you are trying to drag songs directly to the phone instead of to the playlist you are syncing to? check in the preferences to see if you are manually managing music or syncing playlists.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I think cmaier is right. Unless you've got the iPhone working in manual mode, you can't just drag-n'drop. You need to create a playlist and then tell the iPhone to sync that play list. (If you don't just want it to sync as much music as it can).

tschertz01

Mar 11, 2008
Visit site
That sounds right. Looks like you need to enable the "manually manage music and videos" under the summary screen. You also have to make sure that your copy of iTunes is updated because the option wont be there unless you are using 7.5 or later. One stinker about this though is the you can only manually manage music and videos from one computer with an iPhone. On the other hand touch users can hook their iPods to multiple computers to add music and videos.
Maybe someday Apple will see fit to also let us use a portion of our iPhones as external drives. Not that I've got the room for that on my 8GB iPhone though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR