iPod and Operating Systems

KitJackson67

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
I know that Apple has (unfortunately) discontinued the iPod. I still love my iPod and use it all the time. Which versions of iTunes (what is the last/most recent version) of iTunes that will work with an iPod? Thank you to anyone who can answer my question.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I know that Apple has (unfortunately) discontinued the iPod. I still love my iPod and use it all the time. Which versions of iTunes (what is the last/most recent version) of iTunes that will work with an iPod? Thank you to anyone who can answer my question.

Hello KitJackson67 and Welcome to iMore

Apple has NOT discontinued their iPods. They still sell their 'iPod Touch, Nano and Shuffle'. Sure the iPod Touch, Nano and shuffle haven't been updated in 546 days but updates are expected this year.

iTunes 12.5 onwards will still work perfectly with your iPod :)

KitJackson67

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for your answer. I think I should have have been more specific. I thought when they discontinued the iPod Classic (which is what I love and still use) that they had discontinued the entire iPod line. Does the Classic still work with the more current versions of iTunes? I'm currently using iTunes 12.1.2.27

leandrodp2016

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your answer. I think I should have have been more specific. I thought when they discontinued the iPod Classic (which is what I love and still use) that they had discontinued the entire iPod line. Does the Classic still work with the more current versions of iTunes? I'm currently using iTunes 12.1.2.27

It does.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2