Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default How do I unlock an iCloud locked iPod?

My iPod gen 5 was alternate with someone. But I don't know who is she/he. So I want to use iPod because my cell phone work doesn't well. But it stuck in "Activate iPod" page. I called to Singapore Apple Store yesterday. They told me, This is iPod was bought from some shop in Japan. I need to find the old iPod owner and ask for unlock the iPod or ask for a receipt of iPod from the shop in Japan. But I don't know the old iPod owner. What should I do

Default Re: ๊How to unlock an icould

Welcome to iMore! Unfortunately you've invested in a really nice paperweight. Nobody is going to be able to tell you who the previous owner is and there is no way to circumvent the activation screen.

Quote Originally Posted by asiice View Post
    My iPod gen 5 was alternate with someone. But I don't know who is she/he. So I want to use iPod because my cell phone work doesn't well. But it stuck in "Activate iPod" page. I called to Singapore Apple Store yesterday. They told me, This is iPod was bought from some shop in Japan. I need to find the old iPod owner and ask for unlock the iPod or ask for a receipt of iPod from the shop in Japan. But I don't know the old iPod owner. What should I do
    You should make plans to purchase another iPod Touch or another phone from a reputable seller, preferably the Apple Store you mentioned.
    iMore Elite

I purchased a iPhone in EBAY with the same problem. I gave up. Still have the phone but gave up.
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: How do I unlock an iCloud locked iPod?

Before you buy an iOS device, you should always get the serial or IMEI number from the seller and run it through this tool: https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: How do I unlock an iCloud locked iPod?

You can sell it on eBay for parts... That's about it