Headphones for Older iPods?

nsanders

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Headphones for Older iPods

Over the years, I have accumulated many different models of iPod: from the Classic all the way to Gen 6 iTouch. I don't get rid of anything when I upgrade. My husband ends up with the older models, and he puts them in each of his vehicles.

We both like to listen to music when we go kayaking. I use an awesome waterproof speaker, but he prefers headphones. With his iPod (Nano, not sure what Gen ... it's the square one) in a waterproof case, it is a little difficult to control. He likes the headphones that have the remote on the cord.

Can anyone recommend headphones that have a remote on the cord that works with older iPods? It doesn't need to be waterproof. Our kayaking is mainly on flat water, not whitewater.

bzeroh56

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Re: Headphones for Older iPods

Any headphones should work with the nano. Do you know if he prefers on ear headphones or in ear earphones? I feel like earphones would be safer around water, and they will be cheaper. Does he want the remote to change the songs or just the volume? Also sometimes if you press the middle button twice the headphones will skip to the next song but it's hard to tell which models incorporate that feature.

He might like these: Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless Headphones - Black Sport - Apple

RHA MA750i Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones with Mic and Remote - Apple

nsanders

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Headphones for Older iPods

Thanks, bzeroh56.

After a little bit of research, I verified that the model that I need the headphones for is Nano Gen 3. I recently bought a set of inexpensive headphones (JVC); and the remote on the cord worked with my phone, but not the Nano G3. Now I am hesitant to buy just anything if the remote isn't going to work with an older model.

My husband prefers the on ear headphone because sometimes he likes to prop them up on his head, so he can also hear what is going on around him. We have been kayaking for about 4 years, and we have never had a problem with our gear getting wet (flat water). However, I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on the headphones just in case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2