Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default battery drains fast with wifi on

After a repair of my ipod touch5g, it was dented at the rear camera, when i have wifi on (enabled ) my iPod gets warm at the front on the upper part where the wifi antenna is placed. Also the battery drains fast with wifi on.
    My repair included a new battery and a new rear camera.
    With some manipulation I could readjust the camera socket and except for the warming and the wifi drain all functions work good.
    Q&A Jedi

3,370 Posts

Default Re: battery drains fast with wifi on

Could be the physical damage has also caused some internal damage to the wifi antenna, and this is the reason for the over heating, perhaps a cooling mechanism is not functioning as it should. Might be time for another trip to the repair shop. What generation iPod is it? Time to think about replacing it? Although since you just spent a good bit of repair money on it, it must be fairly new.
    iMore Newbie

11 Posts

Default Re: battery drains fast with wifi on

Although this might not help you with your specific question, I've found out that turning off Wi-Fi while charging speed up the process.