Can I restore an iCloud locked iPod Touch 5?

carter100

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
can i restore an icloud locked ipod touch 5

i want to buy an ipod touch 5 cheap and i found one on ebay that is icloud locked i didnt know if i could just put it in dfu mode and retore it with itunes. will it take it off or will it stay?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: can i restore an icloud locked ipod touch 5

I wouldn't touch it with a 20 foot pole. Probably stolen. You would need the ID information.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

i want to buy an ipod touch 5 cheap and i found one on ebay that is icloud locked i didnt know if i could just put it in dfu mode and retore it with itunes. will it take it off or will it stay?

Hmmm, wonder why it?s so "cheap". Maybe the seller knows something you don?t - like that it?s stolen and he?ll make a few bucks offloading it as an iPod, when, in fact, it?s just a paperweight.

katiejaneshore

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site

You can DFU this, but it may require the Apple ID and password from the iCloud account it is locked to in order to complete activation

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site

I wouldn't buy it if I was you, most likely stolen. I don't think you can unlock it because the 5 unlike prior models have better security features especially if they has at least iOS 7 on it. Save your money boxing day sale is right around the corner or just wait till say January, I'm sure they would have better discounts plus you would have a warrantee to fall back on if anything happens. I never buy second handed electronics but thats just me , I like the security of a warrantee.

Posted via the iMore App for Android