just got an iPod touch 5th gen

DannyHeard

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I've just purchased an iPod touch 5th gen for my son for his birthday, what is the first things I should do in regards to setting it up, making it easier to use, cool stuff you can do with it etc.? All help and suggestions welcome

Posted via the iMore App for Android

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Cool- great gift! First of all how old is he? What games does he like? I know my nephew who is 12 loves minecraft- There are a ton of things he can do with it. He will need an apple ID so that you can get started.

DannyHeard

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
He will be 8 on his birthday. He is very familiar with mobile games as he has had a Samsung tab3 up until a few weeks ago but wants an iPod like his friends (gonna get him an iPad mini for xmas.) He likes taking photos and playing games like the Simpsons etc.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

iDivergent

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Don't set up parental restrictions because a child needs to discover the world and getting in touch with things that are not normal for his age, how faster a child learns how more skilled he will be like having a GF and controlling alcholic consuming.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Don't set up parental restrictions because a child needs to discover the world and getting in touch with things that are not normal for his age, how faster a child learns how more skilled he will be like having a GF and controlling alcholic consuming.

No offense but children need boundaries- there are many ways to set it up with restrictions so that you can help him make the right choices. without restrictions he will be able to spend endless amounts on the credit card on file as well as download apps that are not suitable to his age.

mvpilot172

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
My 6 and 9 year old girls have their own iPods, use the restrictions. I have Safari, you tube, etc locked out. Also if you are using your iTunes account block in app purchases for the games.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2