- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
IPod touch 4g is jailbroken and disabled.
So i have a ipod touch 4g (8gb) and it's jailbroken. I haven't used it for a long time, forgot passcode and now it is disabled. I already read many posts about it, but they all say to plug in the ipod to my computer in either dfu mode or recovery, alright i've done that ten times each, but when i click "update & restore" in iTunes it downloads the software for it and then says that either it's the wrong build for this ipod, or that it's an unknown error.
This happens everytime and i already tried it on an iMac and on a pc. The same thing. Please help, since i have nothing more to do except of just to give up on this ipod. Thnx in advance.
- 09-28-2014, 04:12 PM #2
- 38,522 Posts
Re: IPod touch 4g is jailbroken and disabled.
2. Make sure you are using the latest iTunes version.
3. Put the device in DFU mode (Nothing is displayed on the screen when in DFU mode)
4. Connect your device to the Mac, initiate the Mac's iTunes app, and when iTunes detect your device is in recovery, select to restore and update it. Be sure to make sure the Mac or whatever computer you're using is connected to the internet.
5. Alternatively, you can download the .ipsw Downloader (via a google search https://www.google.com/#q=ipsw+downloader) and then download the appropriate iOS version directly to your computer and then install it via iTunes.
- By tahabashir1991 in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 6Last Post: 10-31-2014, 05:13 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-28-2014, 07:43 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-28-2014, 05:00 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-27-2014, 11:40 PM