iOS 8 on iPod Touch 5.

iDivergent

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I've had the ios 8 betas and the GM on my iPod touch and I can say it runs ios 8 well. I can't get the battery life I use to cause my battery is almost 2 years old and has gone though alot of usage but its still pretty good.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

You can make your device also faster by wiping cache in your application u use the most like delete readed iMessages, and you're iMessage will be faster.
Anyway the speed of the iOS 8 is the same like iOS 7 people :)

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm running 8.1 on my 5th Gen with animations e.t.c. turned on and it runs the same as my 4S that's got animations turned e.t.c. turned on.

My 5th Gen is the 16GB 2014 refresh in Space Grey.

Roland

ABsmoove

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
My iPod Touch runs like garbage with iOS 8. I reduced motion, put on contrast, and even reset the whole iPod and it still run like trash. Music app is super slow and laggy. Smh. C'mon Apple.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I think my iPod touch runs well on iOS 8.1.2 overall. The only negative I can see is that the battery life isn't as good as it was before. Battery was definitely better on iOS 7.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Should I upgrade if I have 7.1.2? And why or why not?

Again, I do think battery life is better on 7, but 8 hasn't been giving me any big issues. To be honest, I think the biggest advantage of iOS 8 (at least for me) is that you can do the swipe thing when you text. If that's not a big deal to you, though, you might want to stick with 7.1.2.

akshaypn

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, wow it's been a year and it's that time again.. so how about iOS9 now? Anybody upgraded their ipod touch 5? How is it running? Slow or okay? Too soon for asking about battery life but still what are the first impressions?? And overall is it performing okay or we should keep our ipod s on iOS 8?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

andykay47

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I've upgraded mine to ios9 and to be honest it's much worse, there's hardly anything new for the iPod 5 like notes sketch, low power mode, Siri suggestions and I've noticed its a lot slower and laggier. Just stick with ios8 for the moment

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro