Wow...why should I listen to U2??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You guys are real " fanboys" ...I know album is free for download but this is my device and I will decide weather I want anything on my device or in my cloud storage , not Apple...it shows they have access to my cloud and that's creepy... I think some of you even put Apple before themselves...Apple isn't God come on..accept this is just wrong..have some self respect and don't just bow down accept whatever Apple do to your account and devices.

Did YOU decide that you wanted the following pre-installed apps on your device or did you simply accept it and continued to use your device?

Calendar
Reminders
Mail
Safari
Notes
App Store
iTunes
Calculator
Maps
Voice Memos and a few more?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry I don't buy this secret Santa thing when I can clearly see this Santa has some vested interest in gifting this...
Santa gave you an App Store with the hopes of you buying apps from it. How many apps have you purchased or even downloaded from Santa's App Store adding to Santa's vested interest?....:)

Last edited:

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Well I don't want somebody else to complete the purchase transaction for me..when I am listening to my music I don't want my device to automatically stream any random music out of nowhere..from now on I ll be more careful about those settings though but still that damn alb um shouldn't be in my playlist on its own...BTW I am still stuck with 5 songs and I don't get delete option when swipe from right to left on these five songs..I am confused where they are stored..and I am sorry I don't buy this secret Santa thing when I can clearly see this Santa has some vested interest in gifting this...

If it shows the cloud next to them, then IT IS NOT DOWNLOADED it just means it's there available if you ever want to download it, as someone already said, go check your settings (settings --> music --> disable the "all music" option) so it will only show what you have already downloaded, not what has been purchased and not downloaded.

Is not "fanatism" when you understand that what they did was just the same as let's say an example: it's your birthday, you had a party and someone bought you a gift they thought you'd like, but turns out you (are more complicated than they thought and) didn't like the gift. So what are you gonna do? Don't use it, throw it away or whatever but it's there and you can't return it.

Also keep in mind that it's not YOUR cloud, it's THEIRS, they just give you a little piece for free, or you can pay for extra room, but still it's theirs, they own the house, you just own the phone. Welcome to the 21st century.

And to finish...give the album a try, it's very good as expected from a band like U2, the songs so meaningful and the sound, you don't have to be a super rock lover to actually like it, kudos to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBBowie

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I can't stand U2 myself but it's a gift.
I'm Dutch, so I'm genetically obliged to accept it.

Seriously though, if you don't want it, don't download it.
If you don't want to see it, uncheck the option in Settings > Music on your iPhone/iPad/iPod/iRaq and remove it in iTunes.

The fact that it's added right to iTunes just makes it easier for the vast majority of the people to access it.

akshaypn

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Call it over dramatic or whatever you like but when I am listening to my music I expect to listen to my music which I have loaded on my device ..I don't like when some album starts streaming itself ...and now I am not even able to delete it.. As for the other start up essential apps ,yes I use it cause I need them for their functionality.. And I very well paid for this device and I have right to use it however I wish..I absolutely want freedom to choose what goes into MY device..I am never a fan of Bloatware and that's why I don't like OEM s like Samsung who stuff up CONSUMER s devices with such things..some people might like all the Bloatware too so it should always be the consumers choice...anyways listening to U2 s music doesn't serve me any purpose..and I absolutely don't want it...the five songs I was mentioning are still there and there is no cloud symbol beside them..iTunes on my PC doesn't show them and I don't get the delete option by swiping right to left...and yes all of those who are mocking me needs to get aware about their rights,individualism and sense of real freedom ...And I have already paid at least 250$ to Santa s coffers and I am willing to pay more if Santa behaves and don't barge into my device via cloud chimney...

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Call it over dramatic or whatever you like but when I am listening to my music I expect to listen to my music which I have loaded on my device ..I don't like when some album starts streaming itself ...and now I am not even able to delete it.. As for the other start up essential apps ,yes I use it cause I need them for their functionality.. And I very well paid for this device and I have right to use it however I wish..I absolutely want freedom to choose what goes into MY device..I am never a fan of Bloatware and that's why I don't like OEM s like Samsung who stuff up CONSUMER s devices with such things..some people might like all the Bloatware too so it should always be the consumers choice...anyways listening to U2 s music doesn't serve me any purpose..and I absolutely don't want it...the five songs I was mentioning are still there and there is no cloud symbol beside them..iTunes on my PC doesn't show them and I don't get the delete option by swiping right to left...and yes all of those who are mocking me needs to get aware about their rights,individualism and sense of real freedom ...And I have already paid at least 250$ to Santa s coffers and I am willing to pay more if Santa behaves and don't barge into my device via cloud chimney...

Go to settings>music>toggle show all music off! For crying out loud!

akshaypn

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
So, as I was typing that last comment , I was downloading those five songs too..so now after downloading them I get the delete button..so I am happy now to get rid of this free gift which caused me nothing but frustration even more than watching that horrible iPhone 6 event live stream...

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
So, as I was typing that last comment , I was downloading those five songs too..so now after downloading them I get the delete button..so I am happy now to get rid of this free gift which caused me nothing but frustration even more than watching that horrible iPhone 6 event live stream...

You are a drama king.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

No sir. You said that you did not like having things placed on your device without you putting them there and I pointed out several things that were placed there without your involvement. I didn't even include ads of which you can never get rid of. Now you can spin it however you'd like, but your complaint, although valid on a personal level, does not stand with the rationale you're using. The U2 album is a gift, and it was presented as a gift via the Keynote presentation and via iTunes. None of the songs are on my device, but the option to download is there should I want to download them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410448440.473799.jpg

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

So you admit that YOU manually accepted the "gift" by downloading the songs onto your device....wow!

akshaypn

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I never manually downloaded it..all eleven songs were there with cloud symbol when I created the post..later on I found only 5 of them there without cloud symbol.. I plug iPod into PC but they were nt showing in iTunes... After trying all the options which came to mind I managed to see the album in hidden purchase then downloaded those five songs to iTunes library..synced it with my iPod and then finally I was able to get that orange delete button by swiping right to left on my touch...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings and turn off auto downloads for music, apps and updates, and you won't have that happen again. You are in control.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410450024.022530.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

akshaypn

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Gifts are welcome but I need my option to choose , accept and receive my gifts...and whatever you all say ethically Apple was wrong in this incident...

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm enjoying the free album right now thanks Tim Cook now let me hold on to that Apple Watch that I saw on your wrist for a couple of days

Thanks in advance

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Gifts are welcome but I need my option to choose , accept and receive my gifts...and whatever you all say ethically Apple was wrong in this incident...

No apple was not! YOU have the option to turn off auto downloads, and YOU have the option so that the songs wouldn't has even showed up in your library. You need to grow up.

akshaypn

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
The songs were streaming from the almighty cloud without my knowledge or consent and that's the problem...AND I HAD TO FINALLY DOWNLOAD REMAINING FIVE SONGS IN ORDER TO GET RID OF THEM ...AND APPLE WAS WRONG CAUSE THEY NEVER ASKED MY PERMISSION TO PUT THAT ALBUM IN MY NOW PLAYING LIST THEY COULD HAVE MAILED ME WITH MY GIFTS LINK OR A POP UP MIGHT HAVE APPEARED ANY NOTIFICATION COULD HAVE WORKED BUT WITHOUT MY CONSENT ADDING ANY MUSIC IN MY NOW PLAYING LIST IS UNACCEPTABLE...

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
The songs were streaming from the almighty cloud without my knowledge or consent and that's the problem...AND I HAD TO FINALLY DOWNLOAD REMAINING FIVE SONGS IN ORDER TO GET RID OF THEM ...AND APPLE WAS WRONG CAUSE THEY NEVER ASKED MY PERMISSION TO PUT THAT ALBUM IN MY NOW PLAYING LIST THEY COULD HAVE MAILED ME WITH MY GIFTS LINK OR A POP UP MIGHT HAVE APPEARED ANY NOTIFICATION COULD HAVE WORKED BUT WITHOUT MY CONSENT ADDING ANY MUSIC IN MY NOW PLAYING LIST IS UNACCEPTABLE...

My point still stands. You could have turned automatic music downloads off. By having it on, any music in your iCloud account downloads. Get over it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Those songs would never have gone to you like that if you had had auto downloads turned off. Your fault!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It's in the cloud, it's not downloaded. It's a free gift, hate it or love it. I'm not a fan of that genre nor am I a U2 fan but I gave it a listen and just so happen to like it. Why is it THAT big of a deal?

Go to settings > iTunes & App Store; turn off music, so you don't see music that's not downloaded. Turn off automatic downloads if you don't want purchases to automatically download.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410452759.910931.jpg

Yes, I think that Apple should've allowed us to click the link to get it free ourselves but oh well!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Did YOU decide that you wanted the following pre-installed apps on your device or did you simply accept it and continued to use your device?

Calendar
Reminders
Mail
Safari
Notes
App Store
iTunes
Calculator
Maps
Voice Memos and a few more?

I really hope he doesn't install iOS 8... because the "help" app is an outright invasion of my... ughhh. =P

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro