Ipod Touch 5th Gen question
My wife has a 5th Gen Ipod touch and recently she installed a fitness tracking app. When she finished her long walk it said she had gone nearly twice the distance that she really did. Upon looking stuff up, I didn't realize that the ipod touch didn't have a true gps chip in it.
So if it doesn't have gps, what was runkeeper locking onto as while it had her going all over the place, it was still showing her on the roads she was actually on but had her jumping all over the place.
- 08-20-2014, 01:12 PM #2
Re: Ipod Touch 5th Gen question
I think it's harder to get actual and accurate live gps coordenates/tracking from an iPod since it's not really connected. I think it tries to track with accelerometer and the 3-axis gyro but it's not gonna be as accurate as with an iphone.I wouldn't really blame in on run keeper, try with an iPhone (or any other smartphone) to see if there's a difference
- By tahabashir1991 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-20-2014, 06:07 AM
- By Lori 13 in forum iPhone 5cReplies: 1Last Post: 08-19-2014, 09:42 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-18-2014, 09:16 AM
- By vbhatt in forum iPod & iPod TouchReplies: 3Last Post: 08-18-2014, 08:30 AM
- By Melody Moore1 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 3Last Post: 08-17-2014, 11:49 AM