I purchased a Yellow iPod Touch

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to share my excitement with y'all!!! So I retired my iPod Nano over 2 years ago, when my mom took it on vacation & never gave it back LOL. Until recently, I didn't think I needed to replace it but I'm so sick of using my phone for my music. My 4S & 5S almost never get a break because I'm using them constantly, so I decided to get another iPod. I just powered it on & it has iOS 6.0.1 on it. At first I was excited but it just reminds me of the dislikes I had when I first got an iDevice. With that being said, its getting updated now. I'm loving the Yellowish/Green color & I love that I will have a device that's dedicated to my vehicle.

I know the Touch is very similar to the iPhone but is there anything special I need to know?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to share my excitement with y'all!!! So I retired my iPod Nano over 2 years ago, when my mom took it on vacation & never gave it back LOL. Until recently, I didn't think I needed to replace it but I'm so sick of using my phone for my music. My 4S & 5S almost never get a break because I'm using them constantly, so I decided to get another iPod. I just powered it on & it has iOS 6.0.1 on it. At first I was excited but it just reminds me of the dislikes I had when I first got an iDevice. With that being said, its getting updated now. I'm loving the Yellowish/Green color & I love that I will have a device that's dedicated to my vehicle.

I know the Touch is very similar to the iPhone but is there anything special I need to know?

Congrats on your iPod touch! As far as I know, there isn't anything you'll need to know, because iOS is the same on iPhones and iPods(give or take a few features).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Other than it has the A5 chip, it's not bad. It's pretty good for streaming video plus you can play back 1080p videos and if you got the 32 or 64 GB you can record 1080p videos with the rear camera. It's thin and light. If you have a 32 or 64 GB one I recommend getting a case so when you put it down on the table the camera doesn't touch the surface. And the 5th gen iPod touch will get iOS 8 this fall.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Nice, and congratulations, Nikki...:).....Don't forget to thank your mom for putting you in a position to get your new iPod...lol

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Other than it has the A5 chip, it's not bad. It's pretty good for streaming video plus you can play back 1080p videos and if you got the 32 or 64 GB you can record 1080p videos with the rear camera. It's thin and light. If you have a 32 or 64 GB one I recommend getting a case so when you put it down on the table the camera doesn't touch the surface. And the 5th gen iPod touch will get iOS 8 this fall.

I got the 32GB since I have iTunes Match...no need to download everything. So far I'm loving it! I did notice the camera sticks out a little, so I'll definitely be getting a case.

Nice, and congratulations, Nikki...:).....Don't forget to thank your mom for putting you in a position to get your new iPod...lol

Thanks D & I'll be thanking her today because I love new toys lol

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got the 32GB since I have iTunes Match...no need to download everything. So far I'm loving it! I did notice the camera sticks out a little, so I'll definitely be getting a case.

I have the 32 GB slate black one myself
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403544517.542148.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403544545.757712.jpg
It's still pretty good since I got it in October 2012. I use it for beta testing now.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the 32 GB slate black one myself
View attachment 59444
View attachment 59445
It's still pretty good since I got it in October 2012. I use it for beta testing now.

Nice!! I was looking at the Slate one but I figured one of my boys would try to take it, so I went with Yellow LOL. That's a good idea to use it for testing. I use my daily driver for that & my backup (4S) is jailbroken.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Nice!! I was looking at the Slate one but I figured one of my boys would try to take it, so I went with Yellow LOL. That's a good idea to use it for testing. I use my daily driver for that & my backup (4S) is jailbroken.

I have my iPod running the beta currently and my iPhone on 7.1.1. I do have my 3rd gen iPod touch on 5.1.1 jailbroken so I guess I have a device for every situation lol

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Congrats Nikki! I want one in red.

I'm buying an iPod touch just for this purpose. I can't use my daily driver as a test dummy any longer. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's a great device to beta test on but like I said above I recommend a case for it cause of the rear camera. Also the speaker isn't that loud so you might not hear notifications sometimes.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR