The Next iPod Touch

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Do you think that there will be another iPod Touch being released this Fall despite the rumors saying that the line will be discontinued??

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Right now I don't think so unless a front panel leaks out...

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
As far as I can remember, the iPod touch has always been upgraded during the tick year of the iPhone's tick tock cycle. I guess we'll see if that holds true when the rumoured larger iPhone hits.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think we'll see a new iPod version this year, but I have no proof to back up my claim...:)

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I know a couple people really hoping for a 6th gen iPod Touch, so I hope Apple makes them even if I won't be buying one.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I won't get another one any time soon but I would like the line to continue. They've got to find a niche for the Touch...something it does really well that can't just be easily replicated in the other iOS devices.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I won't get another one any time soon but I would like the line to continue. They've got to find a niche for the Touch...something it does really well that can't just be easily replicated in the other iOS devices.

The only thing I can think of is a full mobile gaming device with on device hardware controls (like ps vita) or a really good camera.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is a full mobile gaming device with on device hardware controls (like ps vita) or a really good camera.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

I agree with this 100%. The iPhone and iPad can do everything the iPod can do, so pretty much everyone thinks,"Why would I buy an iPod Touch when I can buy an iPhone which has the capabilities of an iPod plus the capabilities of a phone?" It's a niche thing, like you said.

elliwhi

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm praying that there is a new line this year as I don't really want to spend loads on an iPhone as I can just use my iPod touch and then have a really old cheap phone for way less than I'd spend on an iPhone contract per month. Really hoping that it has Touch ID and 1GB ram and A7/8 chip however that's just me dreaming

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm praying that there is a new line this year as I don't really want to spend loads on an iPhone as I can just use my iPod touch and then have a really old cheap phone for way less than I'd spend on an iPhone contract per month. Really hoping that it has Touch ID and 1GB ram and A7/8 chip however that's just me dreaming

I think it would be awesome if it had 1 GB of RAM and an A7! That would be an awesome iPod Touch, and I would consider picking one up alongside the next iPhone :)

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Not that I need a new iPod touch, the 5 generation I have is okay. But it would be nice if there is another follow up, optimized for the upcoming iOS 8.

elliwhi

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Not that I need a new iPod touch, the 5 generation I have is okay. But it would be nice if there is another follow up, optimized for the upcoming iOS 8.

I would go for 5G, however it's 2 years old and the new one in October would probably have more updated hardware ^.^

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Considering the iPod line only contributes 1% of Apple's profits, I wouldn't be surprised if they discontinued every iPod but the Classic and Shuffle.

Check out this chart from Apple's Q3 Earnings report:
image.jpg

Ry

Trusted Member
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I would like Apple to release a new iPod touch powered by an A7. They'll need a "cheap" developer device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal