Do You Still Use an iPod And If So Which One?

geekynerd00

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I bought a 32GB iPod touch 5th gen, just so I could have more storage space in addition to my phone. I take and edit a lot of pictures with my devices, and my 16gb iPhone is always running out of room.

AllAroundTech

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I have the 2, 4, and 5 (touch).
I also have a 3rd generation nano (which I think was my first iPod ever).

I use the 2 as a backup for my music and Bloons TD (it's only 8 GB)

I don't use the 4 much, but it's usually for Clash of Clans and messing around with jailbreak tweaks

I have the 5 pretty much set up with the same stuff I have on my phone. It's sort of like my "backup" device. I use for media consumption and casual games (it can't handle much). I also use it to get apps that my iPhone can't hold (iWork and iLife bundle).

The nano sits on my desk. It's pretty cool to display because it was my first iPod ever. By the way, it still works pretty well.

I also had an iPod nano (not sure what model) that I lost :(

I say that the 2 is slow but pretty cool to own, the 4 is a lot better than the 2 but can't really hold a charge, and the 5 was awesome on iOS 7, but iOS 8 slowed it down big time.

They are still quality devices, and I'm glad I still own them!

pppro

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I bought a 5th gen Nano when they were discontinued thinking Apple would surely release a larger capacity replacement or a slimmed, flash based classic at some point. I was too poor at the time to buy two sans credit card. I've since gotten a Classic and a 64gb 5th gen ipod touch. I even bought two Sansa clip 8gb mp3 players during black Friday and was so disappointed they ended up freezing so much I haven't pursued warranty replacement.

I finally broke down and purchased 3 nanos this week to divvy up my various media. I've been waiting on a Target sale in hopes of getting free itunes gift cards but I jumped on a $99 bookstore sale that turned out to be a mistaken pricing :yes: I was initially excited because I thought the "clearance" sale might have indicated a possibly new model...:redface:

I prefer the click wheel and a discontinued line of sony earbuds (I'm hoarding my last pairs!) but basic Apple buds do a good job staying in my ears so some remote buds, lanyards and key fob cases are my next purchases.

I understand why even Apple is abandoning small size media players but I'm fine with ultra portables for music/books/radio. I'm also happy 7th gen restored video because I am more apt to listen to favorite vids but will watch them in certain situations.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have an 80gb iPod classic. I do not use it, but if my car had an AUX cable input I would be. I mainly use spotify on my phone, but I have a 64gb iPhone 6+ and currently have 50gb+ free, so space is not an issue for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pirate Arr

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I still use my baby iPod touch 5. Recently had the battery replaced and it works like new. It is currently running iOS 8.1.2 and is jailbroken. I'm really hoping that Apple still continues the iTouch line

Posted via the iMore App for Android

jian158

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I still have my 2nd gen iPod touch, stuck on iOS4.3. My iPod nano 5th gen is currently in service, getting it fix before it turns vintage... Yet I'm leaving my iPod touch without it fix due to having an iPhone now...

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I have the Gen 6 and 7 Nanos, both in product Red, and custom engraved from Apple. I use both around the house for music and FM radio. It's great using the little square gen 6 to clip to clothing that doesn't have pockets.

I also have a gen 3 Touch, and it has served well for music and apps. However, since I purchased the iPhone 6, my 4S is has now taken the place of the Touch, which has been relegated to the kitchen for holding recipes, timing cooking, and the like.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
128GB iPod Touch 6. I use apps on it every day and use it for music a few times a month.

Sent via the Communications Center of the Trigati