Using iPod with Windows Media Player

coip

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
With pretty much any other mp3 player you can plug it in, open up Windows Media Player, and it'll immediately recognize the device and allow you to transfer files to it quite easily. An iPod Touch recently came into my possession, so I plugged it in to put some music on it but Windows Media Player won't recognize it. I see that there is a paid plug-in you can buy (MGTEK) but it seems a bit pricey at $20 and it also seems like they don't support the software anymore. Is there a way to turn an iPod into a regular mp3 player so that Windows Media Player can sync with it? I don't want to use iTunes.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The iPod touch will never sync with windows media player. Any plugins you find will NOT work with the iPod touch.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

coip

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the link. I was hoping to avoid using iTunes (I just don't like the confusing UI and restrictiveness at all), but it seems that this is the only way. I tried using the MGTEK plug-in on my PC after setting up the iPod on another PC with iTunes but got error messages (saying that the iPod device doesn't have updated drivers and to download the newest version of iTunes, which the PC had, to fix it. Is there someway to jail break the iPod so that it can be managed in a traditional File Manager way where I can drag and drop files and see folders, etc. in Windows File Explorer.

coip

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
The iPod touch will never sync with windows media player. Any plugins you find will NOT work with the iPod touch.

The MGTEK website says that the following iPod Touch devices will work
◾iPod touch 1st generation
◾iPod touch 2nd generation
◾iPod touch 3rd generation (up to iOS 4)
◾iPod touch 4th generation (up to iOS 4)

The iPod touch I have has iOS 4.something. Perhaps that is why it doesn't work for me?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The MGTEK website says that the following iPod Touch devices will work
◾iPod touch 1st generation
◾iPod touch 2nd generation
◾iPod touch 3rd generation (up to iOS 4)
◾iPod touch 4th generation (up to iOS 4)

The iPod touch I have has iOS 4.something. Perhaps that is why it doesn't work for me?

They have a free trial so it's up to you. iTunes still needs to be installed though to use the plugin.

I personally don't use windows media player so I have no idea how well it will work. I don't even use iTunes for playing music, I only use it for syncing data to my iOS devices.

coip

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
They have a free trial so it's up to you. iTunes still needs to be installed though to use the plugin.

I personally don't use windows media player so I have no idea how well it will work. I don't even use iTunes for playing music, I only use it for syncing data to my iOS devices.

I tried the MGTEK plug-in but couldn't get it to work. It kept saying the drivers on the iPod Touch were outdated and that I needed to install the newest version of iTunes (which I already had) to fix it. Oh well, I guess I'll just put the iPod back in closet. This isn't worth the hassle.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2