My device won't upgrade to iOS 5.1.1

LMZR

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, i'm having issues with my iPod Touch 4g 8GB running iOS 4.3.4.

Everytime i attempt to upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 via clicking Update and holding down option on my mac, it says that "The iPod Could not be updated. This device isn't eligible for the requested build."

Anybody able to find out what's wrong?

Thanks.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think you need to give us a little more info. Was the iPod Jailbroken. Why are you holding down option? Usually if you have an ipsw then you hold Option down when you click Restore and you poinit to the ipsw. If your iPod is Jailbroken and now you're trying to update and you have an ipsw. Then you should put it in DFU mode hold Option and click Restore in iTunes. Then point to your ipsw.

LMZR

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
My device isn't jailbreaked. I tried both updating to 6.1.3 and 5.1.1. I tried to hold down option and manually choose an ispw file and install it, I ended up ether getting the error 3004 or the error i listed above.

My device is stuck in recovery mode, i can restore it back to what i had, but i need help!

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My device isn't jailbreaked. I tried both updating to 6.1.3 and 5.1.1. I tried to hold down option and manually choose an ispw file and install it, I ended up ether getting the error 3004 or the error i listed above.

My device is stuck in recovery mode, i can restore it back to what i had, but i need help!

I would make sure the Ipsw you have is the correct one .. But if your not jb I would just restore back to 4.3 like u had once that's loaded and working the just hook to iTunes and press update

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Iosnation

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

On the first post you said it has iOS 4.3.4, how can that be original? The latest release of iOS 4 is 4.2.1.