Is 128 GB 6th Gen Possible?

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
so ive had the ipod 32 GB 3rd Gen, lost it then got the Zune HD 64GB and i love it but i hate the fact that microsoft has left it to die, so i want to move on to an ipod Again but i see no point in buying another 64GB Mp3 player. Ive been holding my breath since the 4,5,6th Gens waiting for 128GB and im going to continue to wait for the 128GB before i jump back on the iTouch ship, so basiclly what do you guys think the chances of Apple finally releasing a 128 GB iTouch are this time around? ive searched for rumors on linen ohting so far only hint pointing towards it this time around is the fact that the 160 GB Classic has been discontinued.

Edit: I would jump on board for a 160/120 GB version but the thought of a HDD based iPod makes me cringe i highly prefer a flash based one.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There is the 128GB iPad now... some speculated that would never happen... all one can do is wait and see what comes of the next product announcement(s).

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
That also had my hopes higher this time around. see I'm a music fiend my Zune has exactly 10,436 songs with no duplicates and album art on all and I'm running out of space I have 8/7 gigs left from the 64 gigs present.

Sent From My HTC....oh wait it's stuck at customs

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yea but alot of times I just shuffle ask my songs I prefer to have them when I want them whenever I want them

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I see an issue right now with finding the balance between cloud storage and device storage. Apple wants us to move to the cloud, which is great. It's more convenient, and with LTE, it's faster and easier.

But then there are the carriers. Making is switch to tiered data plans causes the need for more device storage so we don't need to use the cloud for constant downloads.

It's a delicate balance that causes the consumer the most frustration in the end. I think Apple will make the 128GB version either this cycle or next. They are pushing the Cloud but they realize the practicality of tiered data.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Retconaddict

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I see an issue right now with finding the balance between cloud storage and device storage. Apple wants us to move to the cloud, which is great. It's more convenient, and with LTE, it's faster and easier.

But then there are the carriers. Making is switch to tiered data plans causes the need for more device storage so we don't need to use the cloud for constant downloads.

It's a delicate balance that causes the consumer the most frustration in the end. I think Apple will make the 128GB version either this cycle or next. They are pushing the Cloud but they realize the practicality of tiered data.

Say what you will about iCloud, but you absolutely cannot say that it is more convenient than having the files loaded right on your device. There are a lot of factors that could render your files useless, for instance if iCloud went down, or you were in an area with bad/no reception. Nothing will ever be more convenient than having instant access to the files that does not rely on a network connection.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Say what you will about iCloud, but you absolutely cannot say that it is more convenient than having the files loaded right on your device. There are a lot of factors that could render your files useless, for instance if iCloud went down, or you were in an area with bad/no reception. Nothing will ever be more convenient than having instant access to the files that does not rely on a network connection.

I can see your point; however, both of those situations are highly unlikely. iCloud has had virtually no downtime since it was launched. There have been a few small hiccups, but comparing uptime to downtime, it's less than 1%.

In today's connected world, it's hard to see a place where you would be totally without a data connection. The only place I'm not able to get either 3G or 4G is deep in the woods. Verizon has nearly the entire country blanketed with data.

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
But I live in New York, so what's the advantage of cloud when traveling from station to station in an underground train for a 45minute to hour and a half commute? They'd nothing better then having your files at hand so you can access them add you please

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, me and my data plan arent ready for cloud music yet. But why are you opposed to a HDD ipod? I know mine works really well!