iPod touch 2 missing app store icon
Hello all. I recently gave my granddaughter my old iPod touch gen 2. My son in law was deleting some unused apps for her when some how he deleted the app store icon. I can not understand how this could happen, as I thought that was a permament app. I tried to do a restore twice on it but failed each time. Can anyone give me any ideas on how to fix this problem? Previously I tried to jail break ot and all went fine but cydia would not open. Could this have caused a problem with restoring? Thanks in advance.
- 01-20-2013, 09:29 AM #2
Re: iPod touch 2 missing app store icon
A simple solution: just restore as a new iPod and let her set it up how she'd like. You can always sign in and download your previously purchased apps if you want her to have them.
It's unlikely the icon is really gone. Could be that it got put into a folder by mistake. Or is it possible someone turned on restrictions for installing apps? Look in Settings > General > Restrictions > Passcode > Installing Apps and see if it's set to Off. If so, turn it to On.
- 01-20-2013, 09:30 AM #3
- 01-21-2013, 03:33 AM #5
- By iEd in forum iOS 6Replies: 9Last Post: 09-21-2012, 07:45 AM
- By mobilebreak in forum General Developer DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 06-08-2011, 08:24 PM
- By phix95 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 5Last Post: 01-03-2010, 09:20 PM
- By Gmooo in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 3Last Post: 10-22-2009, 05:31 PM
- By Gary86 in forum Wallpapers & RingtonesReplies: 1Last Post: 10-15-2009, 05:48 AM