Over Capacity? iOS 6 Frustration

jenks5150

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys - just joined iMore right now; so don't write me off as a first-post-troll etc. I'm active at other Mobile Nations sites.

I do have a legitimate concern/question though; I have an iPod Touch 4th gen, running iOS 6. Trying to sync with iTunes 10.7.0.23

I've never had any problems with syncing, however now my iTunes is showing my iPod as 15 GB over capacity when I KNOW that it is not...and when I try to sync, it simply flies through step 1.2.3.4 - and finishes the sync without doing anything.

I know that my HDD on the iPod has at least 6 GB of free space; this is not the issue. But iTunes says its way over capacity....but it doesn't even tell me that that is why it won't sync!

An iPhone using friend of mine said to 'just resync and the over capacity goes away' - I've tried this probably 45 times via USB and via Wi-Fi sync. No luck whatsoever.

Could someone offer a suggestion as to how I can get this to work? Pretty basic feature that should be working (syncing music from iTunes to your iPod).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for anything that may lead to getting this resolved.

---------- Post Merged at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:50 PM ----------

On another note; I've tried toggling on and off music-sync, heard that may do the trick...didn't change anything though.

Help please!! Thanks and cheers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR