Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Default Getting iPod touch 5G, but what to do with 4G?

I am going to be getting the iPod touch 5G soon, but I have my iPod touch 4G White 8GB device. What should I do with it? My original plan was to keep it so I can continue to stick with my jailbreaks, but I also really want to get the iPod touch 5G faster. So basically, would you trade your 4G in for a 5G knowing you wouldn't be able to jailbreak for a while?
    NetworkLabs Creations

If I have helped you, please click the Thanks Button below me!

Notes from me -

I hope to be getting an iPod touch 5G very soon. It all depends on what I do with my old 4th Generation. If I trade it in, I will get it a lot sooner. If I keep it, it will be longer before getting the 5th Generation. Hmm....

Thanks,
    NetworkLabs
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version
    iOS 6

Will be giving my 4g to my girlfriend at the end of the month but I couldn't answer your question about jailbreak as I like to keep my devices at stock
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,588 Global Posts
    iOS Version

My 4g's going to my son once the new one arrives. I don't jailbreak anymore, so it's not an issue for me.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Hmm... I guess I'll run stock for a while. Because the 5g is too amazing to blow over for a jailbreak...
    NetworkLabs Creations

Notes from me -

I hope to be getting an iPod touch 5G very soon. It all depends on what I do with my old 4th Generation. If I trade it in, I will get it a lot sooner. If I keep it, it will be longer before getting the 5th Generation. Hmm....

Thanks,
    NetworkLabs
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,174 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Just send it to me. I'll dispose of it properly.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

LOL! Like that's going to happen! I am going to trade in the iPod touch 4G so I can get the 5G!
    NetworkLabs Creations

Notes from me -

Thanks,
    NetworkLabs
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

Question Re: Getting iPod touch 5G, but what to do with 4G?

dude like where can i do that? can i trade it in on blackfriday at best buy or sthg pls let me know
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Default Re: Getting iPod touch 5G, but what to do with 4G?

Quote Originally Posted by bbenny0234 View Post
    dude like where can i do that? can i trade it in on blackfriday at best buy or sthg pls let me know
    You can't trade in a one year old device and get a full refund. It can't be done.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2