Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iLive an iLife
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default IpodTouch case suggestions?

Hey Guys, I have an ipodtouch, 4th gen.
    I'm looking for a new, cool, case. The ones I had before, wore out and broke very quickly..
    any ideas on where to look?
    Thanks!
    iMore Jedi

Global Posts
    35,695 Global Posts

Ebay is probably your best bet for this.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,043 Global Posts

I'd suggest Amazon. As a word of caution, make sure the item is shipped and sold by Amazon. There are a lot of cheap knock off cases that aren't the real thing and break easily (fake OtterBox and Speck cases come to mind).

As far as a manufacturer. I'd suggest anything by Speck (website: www.SpeckProducts.com). Their CandyShells are great! They also have several other styles. Case mate also has a lot of nice cases (I'd steer clear of the "Do It Yourself" case - another forum member had a major problem with that). If you are looking for a case that offers a lot of protection, OtterBox can't be beat!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    coolguy879 likes this.
    iPhone Beginner

thanks for the idea iLive an iLife , how come the candyshell flip for iphone (red n black) is exclusive for at&t users only?

i think the nightdrive grey with card holder is a good choice too.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,043 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by catalypse View Post
    thanks for the idea iLive an iLife , how come the candyshell flip for iphone (red n black) is exclusive for at&t users only?

i think the nightdrive grey with card holder is a good choice too.
    I think Speck make certain color combinations exclusive to certain retailers. I know Target got a bright yellow and teal CandyShell for the iPhone (I thought it was hideous but I'm a guy, so that obviously wouldn't appeal to me). Speak should have all the color combos available on their site though.

If you are looking for an awesome "wallet/card" style case, check out Incipio. They make the Stowaway case for iPhone (not sure if they have it for iPod). I bought to use on vacation this year (got it for about $18 on Amazon). It was perfect for holding my ID, credit card and monorail pass. The Stowaway has a door on the back that snaps shut. I liked that because it keeps your cards enclosed and, in my opinion, safer. I was afraid they would fall out of the cases with a slot.

catalypse likes this.
    iPhone Beginner

now i don't know what to choose: T_T

but i guess, i'll go for incipio... my cards are safe and covered...

thanks for the tips...
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,043 Global Posts

now i don't know what to choose: T_T

but i guess, i'll go for incipio... my cards are safe and covered...

thanks for the tips...
    Haha, no problem! I love my Incipio case! The door on the back snaps shut and is tight. I've used it a lot and it's showing zero signs of wear and tear! I think you'll be happy with it!!

catalypse likes this.
    iPhone Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by iLive an iLife View Post
    Haha, no problem! I love my Incipio case! The door on the back snaps shut and is tight. I've used it a lot and it's showing zero signs of wear and tear! I think you'll be happy with it!!

Ordered Dark Gray / Laser Blue iPhone 4 4S Stowaway Credit Card Hard Shell Case with Silicone Core
    *happy dance* lol Thanks!
    iPhone Nanite

I went for the Otterbox Commuter case. Very protective, and much less bulky than the Defender. A common complaint is the area over the home button coming up, but I just push the silicone back under the plastic shell.
    iPhone Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by captainspud View Post
    I went for the Otterbox Commuter case. Very protective, and much less bulky than the Defender. A common complaint is the area over the home button coming up, but I just push the silicone back under the plastic shell.
    my only concern with Otterbox Defender is that it is a 3-layer case, which might block the signal...
    iPhone Nanite

my only concern with Otterbox Defender is that it is a 3-layer case, which might block the signal...
    I haven't heard about any problems, but I haven't had much hands on time with it. The Commuter is only two pieces and the signal seems the same.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    2,243 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by captainspud View Post
    I haven't heard about any problems, but I haven't had much hands on time with it. The Commuter is only two pieces and the signal seems the same.
    I will have to try the Commuter for my ipod. I know that the previous mention of the Defender is probably meant for an iphone forum. Plus the Defender cases that I have seen are only two pieces! Thanks for the info on the Commuter! Still working good I take it?
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Re: IpodTouch case suggestions?

Ebay and Amazon is a good place.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: IpodTouch case suggestions?

Try Bare Price. I bought some nice iPod Touch cases from them.

iPod Touch 4 - Apple Accessories - bareprice.com